Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

vortech strim acting up need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 02:24 PM
lexy
3rd Gear Member

Default vortech strim acting up need help

I know I should put this in ford section but many different cars have vortech superchargers in em. Anyways got a vortech S-trim and I hear a high pitch noice out of it at start up. wondering if anyone has had the same problem. Wondering if the blower is not getting enough oil (how could I check if it does) maybe i could unplug the oil line and see if it sucks enough oil in from the oil pan. Are bearing starting to go bad? i know once the bearings go bad they sound pretty bad and you can tell that the bearings are shot. But mine does that at start up then goes away. Today it was very loud and when i get into 3K rpm it goes away. Any blower pros could give me an answer?
Old 11-06-2009, 08:37 PM
AirBrontosaurus
2nd Gear Member

The V-1's get a lot noisier as they age. How old is the charger? Do you hear any uneven noises or grinding/rattling that could mean internal problems? How does your car drive when the whine is present?
Old 11-07-2009, 12:23 AM
lexy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AirBrontosaurus
The V-1's get a lot noisier as they age. How old is the charger? Do you hear any uneven noises or grinding/rattling that could mean internal problems? How does your car drive when the whine is present?
Its about 4-5 years old. I sais a V2 on the label actually but its not the SQ version. I forgot what version blower it is. Its got bunch of serial numbers. Its sounds normal while at hot temperatures but about 4 month ago I noticed it started to sound a little different for 20 seconds after start up then about 1 month ago it started to squeak for about the same time. Before all that It used to be quiet until the blower warms up then the normal whine would come out when the rpm would drop to usual range after cold start up. I am going to disconnect the return line and see if enough oil is coming out maybe its the oil pressure problem. I also drive the car once a week and don't turn it on during the week maybe it has something to do with that.