Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Question about KB 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 01:59 AM
Snitz
1st Gear Member

Question Question about KB 2.1

I have been looking around for a little while at different supercharger systems and I think im going to end up going with the kb 2.1 kit at 6 pounds to be safe. does anyone know what i am going to have to do, i have read that the kit is complete and can be put on with everything included but i was wondering if there is anything else i would need to get.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:40 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Is that their non-intercooled version? Can i make a recommendation here...don't do a non-intercooled twin screw setup. Save your money for the intercooled version. I've had a few good shop owners tell me that (even at lower boost) the screw style blowers suffer too much heat soak. I mean i'm sure it will work fine, but from what i hear it will take a noticeable hit on warm days.

If you want a non-intercooled setup look into a Paxton/Vortech.

That's just my opinion though.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:21 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Is that their non-intercooled version? Can i make a recommendation here...don't do a non-intercooled twin screw setup. Save your money for the intercooled version. I've had a few good shop owners tell me that (even at lower boost) the screw style blowers suffer too much heat soak. I mean i'm sure it will work fine, but from what i hear it will take a noticeable hit on warm days.

If you want a non-intercooled setup look into a Paxton/Vortech.

That's just my opinion though.
+1, the heat soak is horrible. even when not in boost the sc will get really hot effecting performance just when crusing around
Old 05-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Snitz
1st Gear Member

alright, well even with the 9psi intercooled one, would i need to change anything else or does absolutely everything come with the kit
Old 05-10-2010, 12:21 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Snitz
alright, well even with the 9psi intercooled one, would i need to change anything else or does absolutely everything come with the kit
im not sure what kit your referring to but the things you need when adding boost are bigger fuel injectors, bigger fuel pump, dyno tune to program the computer for the forced induction. if the kit your looking at doesnt have the injectors and pump youll have to buy them. and some kits come with a tuner so you can load a tune yourself but i never recommend mail order tunes when running FI
Old 05-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Snitz
1st Gear Member

the kit i am looking at from KB has a boost a pump thing that comes with it, and it does have a chip i guess with a preloaded tune
Old 05-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

the kb kits come with everything you need. but you can get upgrades
Old 05-12-2010, 07:02 AM
invisableflames
1st Gear Member

The Kenne Bell kit comes with everything and great instructions to do the install. I did the install myself with the help of 2 friends and i am currently disabled. It was pretty easy. You can run the tune they give you just make sure that you tell them EVERYTHING you have on your car when ordering so you get the right tune. You can have the tune checked or a custom tune done by a shop before running the car super hard just to make sure things are good but it is not required. Some are quick to blame the Kenne Bell tune for blown engines and such but i don't buy into that stuff. When you are running a motor that far above stock HP levels things will fail, even with a good tune. I love my kit and would recommend it to anyone.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Snitz
1st Gear Member

invisableflames thank you, i was hoping someone with a kb would post on here. about how long did it take to install?
Old 05-12-2010, 09:06 AM
thunderhorse
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Snitz
I have been looking around for a little while at different supercharger systems and I think im going to end up going with the kb 2.1 kit at 6 pounds to be safe. does anyone know what i am going to have to do, i have read that the kit is complete and can be put on with everything included but i was wondering if there is anything else i would need to get.
I learned the hard way.. nothing's safe. If you wait a month or so, I'll be selling my intercooled KB 9psi for less than a 6psi kit new. My kit only has 1500 miles on it, so let me know if you're interested.

Quick Reply: Question about KB 2.1