MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pipes, Boost & Juice (https://mustangforums.com/forum/pipes-boost-and-juice-15/)
-   -   on3performance turbo kit???? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/pipes-boost-and-juice/681053-on3performance-turbo-kit.html)

blk02gtford 09-06-2012 01:14 PM

on3performance turbo kit????

Im wanting a procharger but the local company who builds motors here is saying I should get a turbo kit from on3performance.com im not really sold on the idea cause the turbo kit is cheap like right under 2grand. anyone every deal with that company and would it be better to go turbo or just stick the procharger.

nc_lx5.0 09-13-2012 04:58 PM

I looked into them about 8 months ago...they seemed legit but when I called about my car they kept giving my conflicting information about what they had in stock and so on. I ended waiting and getting a procharger.

TRexGAWD 09-13-2012 05:04 PM

My recommendation, and this is just because I know these guys personally, is Hellion if you want turbo.. IMO they can't be beat when it comes to great designed turbo kits.

What are your plans for the car though? There's a pretty big difference in the feel of a SC and turbo..

blk02gtford 09-17-2012 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD (Post 8048490)
My recommendation, and this is just because I know these guys personally, is Hellion if you want turbo.. IMO they can't be beat when it comes to great designed turbo kits.

What are your plans for the car though? There's a pretty big difference in the feel of a SC and turbo..

Im wanting to build a corner carver was think about using greggs but little pricy so maybe upr or maxium Not wanting a over kill on power im thinking 500ish to the fly. Was thinking about going with mmr for the motor already talked to them about what im wanting. Not to sure about trani was thinking stock t56 but im not sure if it can hold that probley ask one of the cobra guys sometime. started taking weight out of the car just now need to start buying lighter parts and already have a few bolt ons and 3.73 gears.

TRexGAWD 09-17-2012 11:46 AM

If you want a corner car get a blower then, you'll make easier boost down low and wont have to bang through the gears to constantly stay in the sweet spot of a turbo..

As for a T56, it'll have no problem handling that power level.. MMR makes great blocks, shop around a little though, might find something you like more from a different company or even build something yourself from a used block.. 500 fly isn't hard, forged internals with boost and you're good to go.. And if you want a track car, I'd probably go 4.10s to get more torque in and out of the turns.

blk02gtford 09-17-2012 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD (Post 8051204)
If you want a corner car get a blower then, you'll make easier boost down low and wont have to bang through the gears to constantly stay in the sweet spot of a turbo..

As for a T56, it'll have no problem handling that power level.. MMR makes great blocks, shop around a little though, might find something you like more from a different company or even build something yourself from a used block.. 500 fly isn't hard, forged internals with boost and you're good to go.. And if you want a track car, I'd probably go 4.10s to get more torque in and out of the turns.

thank you. That helps out alot. I also talked to dds about the same motor and they wanted $2000+ more then mmr also called chp but could never get ahold of anyone. Ive never had the experinse to build a motor and the 4.6 isnt just really a simple old pushrod 350. I had that thought but its a little intemidating to dive in such a build for my first motor. I thought back and forth about.3.73 or 4.10. only reason I went 3.73 was top end and I drive alot on the highway. I have a 50 mile commute to work one way. Which im in the means of looking for a beater car before I really start sinking money in to it.

ESG-642T 09-17-2012 09:31 PM

corner carver might like a positive displacement blower a bit better than a centri.

blk02gtford 09-18-2012 06:01 PM

I just got off the phone with Hellion. They said for the purpose I want to use it would be fine if I stay with the 61mm turbo.

TRexGAWD 09-18-2012 06:09 PM

Can't go wrong with them man, they make a great product and it's a breeze to install.. Wont be as quick down low but it will have some serious top end..

UPRSharad 09-18-2012 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by ESG-642T (Post 8051730)
corner carver might like a positive displacement blower a bit better than a centri.

Negative. Centri = heat.

I'm partial to ProCharger.