Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

on3performance turbo kit????

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 01:14 PM
blk02gtford
1st Gear Member

Question on3performance turbo kit????

Im wanting a procharger but the local company who builds motors here is saying I should get a turbo kit from on3performance.com im not really sold on the idea cause the turbo kit is cheap like right under 2grand. anyone every deal with that company and would it be better to go turbo or just stick the procharger.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:58 PM
nc_lx5.0
2nd Gear Member

I looked into them about 8 months ago...they seemed legit but when I called about my car they kept giving my conflicting information about what they had in stock and so on. I ended waiting and getting a procharger.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:04 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

My recommendation, and this is just because I know these guys personally, is Hellion if you want turbo.. IMO they can't be beat when it comes to great designed turbo kits.

What are your plans for the car though? There's a pretty big difference in the feel of a SC and turbo..
Old 09-17-2012, 09:08 AM
blk02gtford
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
My recommendation, and this is just because I know these guys personally, is Hellion if you want turbo.. IMO they can't be beat when it comes to great designed turbo kits.

What are your plans for the car though? There's a pretty big difference in the feel of a SC and turbo..
Im wanting to build a corner carver was think about using greggs but little pricy so maybe upr or maxium Not wanting a over kill on power im thinking 500ish to the fly. Was thinking about going with mmr for the motor already talked to them about what im wanting. Not to sure about trani was thinking stock t56 but im not sure if it can hold that probley ask one of the cobra guys sometime. started taking weight out of the car just now need to start buying lighter parts and already have a few bolt ons and 3.73 gears.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:46 AM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

If you want a corner car get a blower then, you'll make easier boost down low and wont have to bang through the gears to constantly stay in the sweet spot of a turbo..

As for a T56, it'll have no problem handling that power level.. MMR makes great blocks, shop around a little though, might find something you like more from a different company or even build something yourself from a used block.. 500 fly isn't hard, forged internals with boost and you're good to go.. And if you want a track car, I'd probably go 4.10s to get more torque in and out of the turns.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:26 PM
blk02gtford
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
If you want a corner car get a blower then, you'll make easier boost down low and wont have to bang through the gears to constantly stay in the sweet spot of a turbo..

As for a T56, it'll have no problem handling that power level.. MMR makes great blocks, shop around a little though, might find something you like more from a different company or even build something yourself from a used block.. 500 fly isn't hard, forged internals with boost and you're good to go.. And if you want a track car, I'd probably go 4.10s to get more torque in and out of the turns.
thank you. That helps out alot. I also talked to dds about the same motor and they wanted $2000+ more then mmr also called chp but could never get ahold of anyone. Ive never had the experinse to build a motor and the 4.6 isnt just really a simple old pushrod 350. I had that thought but its a little intemidating to dive in such a build for my first motor. I thought back and forth about.3.73 or 4.10. only reason I went 3.73 was top end and I drive alot on the highway. I have a 50 mile commute to work one way. Which im in the means of looking for a beater car before I really start sinking money in to it.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:31 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

corner carver might like a positive displacement blower a bit better than a centri.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:01 PM
blk02gtford
1st Gear Member

I just got off the phone with Hellion. They said for the purpose I want to use it would be fine if I stay with the 61mm turbo.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:09 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Can't go wrong with them man, they make a great product and it's a breeze to install.. Wont be as quick down low but it will have some serious top end..
Old 09-18-2012, 07:10 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ESG-642T
corner carver might like a positive displacement blower a bit better than a centri.
Negative. Centri = heat.

I'm partial to ProCharger.

Quick Reply: on3performance turbo kit????