Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

choosing an exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 12:05 PM
jbodak

Default choosing an exhaust

I'm looking to upgrade the stock exhaust on my 2004 Mustang GT. It's my only car so I drive it daily. For normal every day driving and highway driving (I do mostly highway) I like the interior noise levels of the stock exhaust. I can listen to the music without having to blast it or I can carry on a conversation with my passenger without yelling. I would however, prefer a more aggressive sound when accelerating hard through the gears. Any suggestions! Thank you for your input.

Jeff
Old 10-31-2005, 03:02 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: choosing an exhaust

get magnaflow or SLP power flo
Old 10-31-2005, 10:23 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jbodak

I'm looking to upgrade the stock exhaust on my 2004 Mustang GT. It's my only car so I drive it daily. For normal every day driving and highway driving (I do mostly highway) I like the interior noise levels of the stock exhaust. I can listen to the music without having to blast it or I can carry on a conversation with my passenger without yelling. I would however, prefer a more aggressive sound when accelerating hard through the gears. Any suggestions! Thank you for your input.

Jeff
I love the sound of my flowmasters. Nice and deep with Hpipe. Very aggressive when accelerating. 40 series or super 40`s have the best sound. Super 40`s are deeper.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:40 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

^^^+1

i agree, i love my flows, super deep and amazing around town, i also have the 40 series
Old 11-01-2005, 12:26 AM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

ya, flows are awesome. my b-day was today and my dad got some 40 series weld ins put on my car. i wanted the full catback but what what i have is perfect for now. inside it is not that lod but outside they sound awesome.

ps- at first i was worried that without the after market midpipw that the flows wouldnt sound that different from stock but boy was i wrong. they arent REALLY LOUD. but they give a great rumble. u can here me coming down the street when i am way far away.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:37 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

I personnally am a HUGE Borla Stinger fan, but to keep volumes down, you would need to keep that stock catted H on there

what does everyone think about Bassanni?

ive been told that it is a very well toned catback and its not terribly loud, however still noticably louder than stock ?

Old 11-01-2005, 09:18 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

people, he wants interior noise levels down. flowmaster isn't the way to go for that. magnaflow sounds pretty much stock, until you romp on it.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:08 PM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

ya, flows definately have a tad bit louder interior noise.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:21 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mustangGTdude1031

Ya, true. But they arent as bad as some people say they are. I can still hear my music without blasting it. And can talk to whoever is in my car and not have to yell. I had the LM1`s and 2`s and the noise levels at high rpm`s were about the same as my flo`s.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:29 PM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sprostang

ORIGINAL: mustangGTdude1031

Ya, true. But they arent as bad as some people say they are. I can still hear my music without blasting it. And can talk to whoever is in my car and not have to yell. I had the LM1`s and 2`s and the noise levels at high rpm`s were about the same as my flo`s.
ya, I just have the mufflers on there now with the stock H and I can notice a little more interior noise.

ps- does that MAC catted midpipe make your car any louder than it was with the stock H? cuz, I was gonna get ano/r 1 but I might reconsider if a catted 1 actually makes it louder than the stock H.

Quick Reply: choosing an exhaust