Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Best Supercharger for 5.0 Foxbody Daily Driver?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 09:26 PM
IQRaceworks

Question Best Supercharger for 5.0 Foxbody Daily Driver?

I'm getting ready to pick up a new used Foxbody with a pretty much stock 5.0. Still is a project car that will eventually will be my daily driver. I want around 350-400hp to the tires, on 93 pump gas, and it has to be reliable......something I can drive every day, rain or shine. I might do a cam swap, and put a good set of heads on it....but that's about all I want to do with the motor right now. This will be a daily driver street car, so low/mid range torque it more important to me that peak RPM HP.

What supercharger kits should I be looking it? How much boost will I need to run to get the HP that I'm looking for?

Thanks for the info!!
Old 07-17-2017, 01:22 AM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by IQRaceworks
I'm getting ready to pick up a new used Foxbody with a pretty much stock 5.0. Still is a project car that will eventually will be my daily driver. I want around 350-400hp to the tires, on 93 pump gas, and it has to be reliable......something I can drive every day, rain or shine. I might do a cam swap, and put a good set of heads on it....but that's about all I want to do with the motor right now. This will be a daily driver street car, so low/mid range torque it more important to me that peak RPM HP.

What supercharger kits should I be looking it? How much boost will I need to run to get the HP that I'm looking for?

Thanks for the info!!
My '89 I opted for a Whipplecharger, this being almost 20 years ago. Ran fine, no issues, did not dyno HP, but the sucker made boo-coo more power. Asked rep at purchase place (forget which) about mpg, he said it would be "the same". Lying bastard. imp