Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Eibach Pro-System-Plus Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 02:08 AM
mlcavassa

Default Eibach Pro-System-Plus Question

I'm having an Eibach Pro-System-Plus (shocks, struts, springs, and front and rear sway bars) installed on my '06 Mustang GT this Thursday. Given that this kit has at its core the Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs, it will lower the car 1.3" in the front, and 1.5" in the rear. For those of you that have installed either this full kit or only the lowering springs, 1) approximately how much of a rear axle offset was measured once the car was lowered (and the direction of the offset), and 2) was it enough to necessitate installing an adjustable panhard bar? (Understanding some here will argue that a 1/16" is enough to merit installing one.) Lastly, what are some of the symptoms/effects of running with an offset rear axel?

Any feedback will be sincerely appreciated!
Old 10-02-2006, 02:34 AM
mlcavassa

Default RE: Eibach Pro-System-Plus Question

I've been doing some reading following this post and I think the adjustable panhard bar question has been answered thanks to, largley, forum member CrazyAl. Move along, folks. Ther's nothing to see here! [8D]
Old 10-02-2006, 03:51 PM
mlcavassa

I ordered an adjustable panhard rod (model # PHR006) and upper panhard rod support (model # PHR007S) directly from BMR this morning. They'll arrive Wednesday afternoon. I'm getting the shop that's doing the Eibach Pro-System-Plus install on Thursday to install these components as well.

I'm going to hold off (for now) on installing after-market LCAs. I want to see where we're at once the the Eibach kit and BMR rods are in. My biggest fear is that the suspension is going to be a bit too stiff... We'll see.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:37 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

mlcavassa,
On our car the Eibach Pro spirings softened up some after about 200 miles (granted these were not babies miles) little over 1.5 inch drop all the way around. Dspec in the #2 turn from full soft was right about stock ride on regular roads. (rough roads ...well is still stiffer and unsettles the car some. But OH MY! turn them in to #4 (where I regularly set them) and unless you have already spent some $$ on rims and tires you fine you'll need to upgrade these too. Set it up how you like it and you'll just giggle like a little school girl on how well it now corners. (or at least I do!!) It's like I'm back to riding a crotch rocket in the twisties! Now all you'll need is some HP as you'll find your car can handle the stock or even slightly over stock 300-335hp very easily! I have learned to just keep it in third gear to keep the speeds from going over 100 before I realize it while 'playin' on some fun curvy roads!
Old 10-02-2006, 08:25 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Well how about a link because this site is hard to search even using google.

I didn't measure the difference my ford racing springs made with the axle offset, but I can see a slight difference just from looking from the rear of the fenders. It moves slightly to the drivers side as it will on every vehicle. it wasn't worth it for me to get the panhard bar right now, but i'll eventually get it when I get wider tires.

Without adj. lca's you'll have a zero pinion angle or close which means you'll probably have a positive angle at full throttle. You want it to be zero at WOT.

ORIGINAL: mlcavassa

I've been doing some reading following this post and I think the adjustable panhard bar question has been answered thanks to, largley, forum member CrazyAl. Move along, folks. Ther's nothing to see here! [8D]
Old 10-02-2006, 10:04 PM
mlcavassa

Here's the link to BMR's website: http://www.bmrfabrication.com/ I have to admit that I'm very, very impressed with their customer service. I called at 9:30 AM EST this morning to place my order. Stephanie (BMR sales) told me that both components had been produced, but had not yet been powder coated. She asked me what color powder coating I wanted (red), said that she'd call the shop and get them coated today and out by UPS this evening so that I cuold meet my Thursday install date. Sure enough, I've already got the UPS tracking number. Perfect!

Making sure the rear axle is centered is a priority for me as the next components getting installed are the H&R Trak+ wheel spacers to get the wheels a bit further out in the wheel wells. It gives the car a nicer, finished look plus does improve handling and stability somewhat. (I've got the Ford 18" polished aluminum wheels which I'm definitely keeping.)

What I'm shooting for the with the mods I've made to date on my '06 GT convertible (C&L CAI w/ Brenspeed 87 octane tune, Corsa exhaust system) and will make (suspension system), is a really nicely performing and handling touring car. I live in the Pacific NW and mountain cruises up the incredible twisty-turny roads through awesome scenary is what I enjoy most. This car will never see a track or drag strip, and I'll just keep on waving and grinning at everyone that trys to bait me into street racing them. If I'd have been interested in building up a car for serious horsepower, I'd have bought something else - a Corvette probably, but that was never the aim. The car was actually my wife's 40th birthday present and it's become somewhat of our weekend toy.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:31 PM
mlcavassa

The Eibach suspension system (struts, shocks, springs and sway bars) and BMR adjustable panhard rod and support were installed last Thursday (1 week ago), and I am here to tell anyone that's interested that I could not be more satisfied with this car's handling; it's like driving a completely different car! This is the tight handling, touring sports car ride that I was going for!

Les Schwab tire center of Lake Grove (Lake Oswego) just outside of Portland OR did the entire install for me, and they did a fantastic job. The quality of the install and alignment (including alignment of the rear axle w/ the adjustable panhard rod) was simply first rate. It certainly wasn't cheap to have them do the work, but at least they warranty the entire install and are the preferred local tire/wheels shop of the Ford dealer that sold me the car.

With the exception of the wheel spacers which I'll order this week, I think I'm done. We've finally got the car that my wife and I wanted when we bought this one!