Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Overall Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Ronaele05
1st Gear Member

Default Overall Questions

I just bought and recieved my Eibach Sport-line kit springs. I didn't order the shocks due to lack of $$$. I also just tried to research the right shocks for this set-up figuring i would find a Sport-line kit and no such thing. Does this mean that just any shocks will work, like the tokico d-spec or eibach pro-street and what not

Second question.
I cant find a front tower brace for the V6 from anyone but steeda. I don't mind steeda i just don't want it if i dont need it. Any recomendations on a front tower brace and possibly a rear tower brace to match?

Last question.
I understand that when i do the springs i will need to re-align the vehicle. i also understand that some angle is good. Anyone know what angle is good seeing as i will be doing the alignment myself and i have acess to a basically brand new hunter alignment rack(gotta love going to mechanic's school)
Old 01-05-2007, 11:43 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Overall Questions

1st: any will work. sometimes people will say that a setup will only work on a GT (roush, saleen, etc) but those are only the springs that wont work. the shocks/struts will work fine though

2nd: I personally have the Steeda one. BMR also makes one too. Blue oval makes them, but those ones will make a bump in your hood. I really like the steeda one I have on, there isnt too much difference, but you can feel it. I think steeda is the only one that makes the rear.

3rd: no clue, sorry
Old 01-05-2007, 11:45 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

Any good aftermarket shocks should do ( i think you will need shorter than stock but you can keep them stock till they go out)
There are others that make the strut tower brace...uhh i cant remember who lol check v6mustangstuff americanmuscle californiamustng and others....

Not sure about the angle...

You are aware of how low its going to be right? just wondering LOL
oh and why no duals?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Ronaele05
1st Gear Member

i actually found a rear on STANGSUSPENSION.COM. i just dont want a big *** steeda logo under my damn hood. lol. Thatns for the shock tip tho. that saved me alot of trouble
Old 01-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Ronaele05
1st Gear Member

yes, i am aware of how low it's going to be. I live in S.FL. i dont have many bumps or hills or high curbs.And i enjoy theGo-Cart like feeling of a really low and stiff suspension.No duals cause i am happy with a V6 and where im from people give me **** all the time for having a V6. So after i beat there *** in a race and all they see is a single pipe they know a V6 just walked on there (insert car here) And already ordered the bumper. lol

Just one more question. The spring kit has all i need for install right(have the camber kit already) no other small parts i need to order?
Old 01-08-2007, 01:01 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ncie for taking auto in school i just graduated for the same thing

i had my car on the alignment rack for ****s and giggles to see what my numbers were, but i forget them. but i know i didnt have to change the settings. and i alligned my car without a rack

this is what i did. i got my hands on 2ft level. installed the springs, installed the camber bolt in the place of the upper of the2 lower strut boltsand eyeballed it to get it level. (it took some practice to figure out the camber bolt setup, because the movements are kind of stiff) i bolted the tire on. droped the car and rolled it back and forth a foot so the tire can relax from being stressed from the car droping on it. i measured the up and down on the tire and hoped for the best, i was lucky and didnt have to jack my car back up and re-adjust.

a little bit of negative camber is also good it will help you in the corners, the bad is that will wear the inside of your tire faster than the outside. also dont give it too much negative camber.. it can comprimise your steering especially going hard in the corners. jsut a TINY bit, a smidgen , a tad of negative camber..

happy trails