Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Question about Adj. LCA

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 01:47 PM
dly
1st Gear Member

Default Question about Adj. LCA

I brought a set of Adj. LCA from Stangsuspension (invoice was from Hotparts.com). The are aluminum tubed with 2 right handthreaded Heim joints and 2 Left Hand threaded Heim joints but no instructions.Does 1 right and 1 left go on one tube (thats the way they threaded on)?? and if so I'm assuming that when I adjust these I do equal amounts on both ends or if I rotate the tube do both ends move in or out together? Also do I grease the Heim joint??? also got 8 Aluminumsleeves, 6 the same sizes and 2 that are wider... these go on the front or back connection??

Sorry for so many questions but I'm here at Work (Steel Mill) and we'll down for the day and I'm think of installing these over the weekend and I'm just thinking of problems I might incounter.

Thanks dly 07 GT/CS Black
Old 01-18-2007, 03:17 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Question about Adj. LCA

You are correct on where to place the rod ends and yes you do adjust them by turning the tube. You will want to set them to the same length as the factory ones to start with. As for lube, not required, but I spray mine with a fim lubricant called Fluid Film occassionaly. As for the wider spacers, you will see the same offset on the factory bushing. Just be certain to match that offset and you are good to go. The parking brake cable pops off by removing 1 clip on the back of the caliper. Piece of cake.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:18 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Am I the only one that would not run an aluminum control arm on my stang...?

I'm sure I could bend one at the drag strip and if you run DR/slicks and get wheel hop/golf ball it off the line I can see them breaking
Old 01-18-2007, 06:30 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Nope, you're not alone. I wouldn't run one either!

In fact, there are several reports of the Steeda aluminum ones breaking on the strip. Though personally I would be more concerned with wear and fatigue. If the jam nuts backed off and the joints became a little loose, they won't last long before the threads strip out.

If you use 'em, be sure to loctite the jam nuts and keep a close eye on them so they don't get loose on ya.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:22 AM
dly
1st Gear Member

Well this is justa street car. I'm just a gadget freak. It might end up on the Tire Rack test once or twice when the Mustang club I belong to goes there. I doudt that it will ever see the Drag Strip So I'm hoping the aluminum LCA will at least be as strong if not strongerthan the stock ones.

dly