Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Zrz11386
2nd Gear Member

Default HELP!!!

Ok, so on friday night, i went to my local tire shop, took my new rims with me (18x9 deep dish black bullitts for the front, 18x10 deep dish black bullitts for the rear) and asked the guy there what tires he had that would fit my rims. He suggested 255/45/18 for the front, and 275/40/18 for the rear, and said that they would fit, and he'd pick them up from his warehouse tonight and i could bring it in saturday mornin to have them put on. I had to have my brother take my car to have the rims put on cuz i was working all day (that was enough stress for me to deal with.....someone else driving my Stang......but i had to pay off the rims and tires....) and i get a call from my brother tellin me that the guy putting on the rims said he cant do it cuz the back rims are too deep and they cant stretch it enough to fit.....now he eventually got it to fit after alot of trouble, but im wonderin if i should change tire sizes on my back to ensure a better fit than it being stretched to the max......if so, what size??? and i have to check the warranty given to me with the tires, but shouldnt they be responsible for replacing it for a better fit since they mislead me? or do you think they will say, were not replacing it, we got it to fit.....please help, im pretty new to this all and jus really dont want to get screwed.....thankz in advance everyone......
Old 04-11-2007, 04:20 PM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: HELP!!!

yeah, they're responsible... just tell them you aren't satisfied, and you want a better fit. It's not your fault the guy didn't know what he was doing.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:31 AM
j25

just got some staggered 19's on my stang 19/8.5 in front & 19/9.5 rear & the tires had were put on by a touchless tire mount.Thats so no metal makes contact with your rims when the tires are being put on. Make sure you go to a place that knows what their doing..CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT !!
Don't let them forget that.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:24 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

do you have any pictures??They should be fine as long as the rim isnt out wider than the tire
Old 04-16-2007, 02:02 AM
OZ_Tambo
1st Gear Member

If ya get push back............Check the manufactures spec's .....If they are not installed with in guidelines they are liable if something happens.

Most shops will be good about it especially if you have only driven for a day of two. I would go to another shop and get a second opinion and call the tire makers or distributors they will give you the straight line and if they are wrong then get them to email or fax ya something. Where are the photo’s ………..How sweet do they look.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:23 PM
VinUnleaded

I have the same rims as you but went with 245's all around.
The poor kid who TRIED to put them on at Cowles Ford threw his tire iron down in frustration and at that point almost an hour in his futility I complained to the service desk that SOMETHING was wrong.
Another tech helped him and between the two finally got the tires mounted without damaging anything.
Apparently tire sizes in combination with certain rims especially deep dish are very stiff.
Like the previous poster said , such tires need a "touchless" mounting machine.
Makes you wonder how they service all those Steeda and Roucsh mustangs the dealership sells.
About 12 people witnessed this fiasco as the mounting machine has a huge picture window for customers to watch..thank god for that!
I was supposed to get a Ford racing Power Pak for my troubles, but never did.