Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Sway Bars are on!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 04:46 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

Default Sway Bars are on!

Yeh, got my GT front & rear sway bars put on this morning. It only took the mechanic an hour to do both! Wow! What a difference, I read about the difference you would feel but never imagined it to be this good. Nice and tight steering, good cornering, massive improvement!!!
Finally rounded up all the nuts & bolts. Our Ford dealer wanted a fortune and could only get some of the parts, so I ended up having them shipped from a Ford dealer out of Washington! All the parts + shipping was cheaper from WA than it would have been to buy locally!
Nevertheless, wanted to let anyone know, who hasn't put on the sways, that it is a BIG improvement in the cars handling. I am pretty particular, and I am very happy! Would highly reccomend this upgrade!
P.S. what the heck do I do with the stock v6 front sway??? (hubby said donate to the stupid neighbor toupgrade his crappy chevy!)
Old 06-29-2007, 04:11 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Sway Bars are on!

Yep, massive difference! I installed mine myself some time last year. It was hard to wiggle underneath my car, given I didn't have a good jack. Actually had to use the spare tire jack and just put some huge bricks under my tires. Abount an hour later I was driving it like I stole it. Just weaving back and forth on my empty roads.

A few months later I heard a real nasty rattling, jacked the car back up and tightened the bolts to fix it. Just so you know if you get a loud rattle.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:44 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the heads up on the rattle, will listen for it. It drives GREAT now with those swaybars.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:48 AM
mustangballer20
3rd Gear Member

how much do front and rear sways cost for tem themselves and installed?
Old 07-01-2007, 01:05 AM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

Got them on ebay for $136 for front and rear gt takeoffs, $35 for Ford oemnuts & bolts from dealership (included shipping. Our localdealer here in Nevada couldn't get half of the parts, so I had to order from a dealer in Washington!), then $70 for the labor to put them on (took an hour for all of it) It really was the best money I have spent!
Old 07-01-2007, 03:55 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

GT Springs are stiffer too (at least non-Pony Pkg, Pony Package includes at least some of the GT suspension). You can get those as Steeda, Saleen, Roush take-offs as well. I belive the GT Shocks maybe stiffer as well but I would likely just go to Tokico D's if it was my car.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Last night I installed BMR LCA's and BMR rear anti-sway bar on my Stang.

Now I have a takeoff rear anti-sway bar sitting in my garage. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:24 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black GT

Now I have a takeoff rear anti-sway bar sitting in my garage. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.
Hey, I have a front sway sitting in my garage, maybe we should offer a package deal!!! [sm=lol.gif]
Nice car by the way!
Old 07-04-2007, 02:56 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4Rowdy

ORIGINAL: Black GT

Hey, I have a front sway sitting in my garage, maybe we should offer a package deal!!! [sm=lol.gif]
Nice car by the way!
Hey, there's an idea [sm=smiley1.gif]

Thanks. I like how your Stang looks with those racing stripes!
Old 07-04-2007, 06:45 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

Black GT: Sorry, had to copy you're idea andget a sign!!! Thought that was too cool. Blew me away at first, had to read it a few times before it really sunk in that it was my info!

Quick Reply: Sway Bars are on!