Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Questions About LCA Relocation Brackets!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Denny Carlton
2nd Gear Member

Default Questions About LCA Relocation Brackets!

My questions are! If I use the lca relocation brackets, will it give me the same thing as if I had adjustable lca's? I'm asking this question because I've lower the car and now I have the wheel hop again. I've notice that the lca's are not at the same pitch, like before I lower the car. And I'm hoping that by getting the lca relocation brackets will help and stop the wheel hop again, and give me that pitch again. Another thing, the rear wheels are not sitting dead center any more. Thats because I lower the car. So I'm getting the adjustable panhard bar & bracket. I think that will fix that problem. Any feedback will helpful. Question! I'm I on the right track? Thanks for anyones help, Denny
Old 08-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Questions About LCA Relocation Brackets!

Lowering the car does three things.
It changes the angle of the lower control arms which redirects some of the force accelerating the car into compressing the rear springs instead. Using a relocation bracket restores the correct angle of the control arms.
It changes the angle of the panhard rod causing the wholerear axle to pushed to the left slightly. This is corrected by using an adjustable panhard rod. In addition, aftermarket panhard rods are stiffer than stock and reduce flexing of the rod.
It changes the thrust angle of the rear axle, making the angle from the transmission thru the driveshaft to the rear axle to be less straight, wasting power. This is corrected with an adjustable upper control arm. If you are playing with the rear axle, it is good time to do this as well. Aftermarket control arms are stronger than stock and flex less.
Another important change (if you haven't already done it) is replacing the stock lower control arms with aftermarket ones. Again the aftermarket ones are stronger, but in addition the stock bushings are very soft and the aftermarket ones are lighter reducing unsprung weight.
As for adjustable vs non-adjustable LCA's. Adjustable LCA's are better if you are planning to periodically change the angle of the lower control arms (more horizontal is better for cornering, dipping to the rear is better for drag racing) as it makes changing the angle easier. I don't have adjustable ones on mine but then I am satisfied with the current angle of them and don't plan on changing it.
Many (not all) of the aftermarket parts have grease fittings. Make sure to grease them otherwise the car will thump and bang over bumps as the parts bind.
So to answer, yes you are on the right track.