Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Default Why?

Im going to be doing my new spring and pan. bar soon. My question is why does everyone go with the pro-kit and not the sport kit?
Old 09-15-2007, 10:50 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Why?

for a DD a 1.7-2" drop is a nightmare almost.....
Old 09-15-2007, 11:02 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

for a DD a 1.7-2" drop is a nightmare almost.....
yeppers pertyy grosss
Old 09-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

gotta agree, wouldnt want to be that low
Old 09-16-2007, 01:10 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Try riding that low on a cervinis kit. I have to back into my driveway at home or I scrape. I have 3" of clearance from my front bumper to anything that's in the rode. I am looking into buying a 3rd car because this is now a trailer queen.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:48 AM
rravolt
2nd Gear Member

that low of a drop is killer on our cars unless you have perfect roads or trailer her everywhere
Old 09-16-2007, 09:53 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

+1 Mine has developed into a trailer queen. I got my car back last night from the stereo shop I am now lowered 2.5" in the rear..[:'(]. Stereo sounds good, but man my tires are 2 centimeters from rubbing now in the back.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Just say I do go with the sportlines. Im going to be getting the roush front fascia and i will also be getting long tube headers soon. Will the car be sitting to low to the ground for them 2 things?
Old 09-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Ummm, enjoy riding on the bump stops, and don't expect the handling to live up to what the "look" suggests.

Norm
Old 09-17-2007, 07:38 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustang3GT07
Im going to be doing my new spring and pan. bar soon. My question is why does everyone go with the pro-kit and not the sport kit?
Hi Mustang3GT07,

The EibachSport Line springs areway too low if you actually have to drivethe car on the street. You will drag yourundercarriage through drive ways, scoop up stray animals which you will find in yourlower grilljust before itfalls off. Sport Lines are really onlylooksor a dedicated road course track car. Every major quality sport and race spring maker makes their serious race and sport springs no lower than the Pro-Kit springs for a reason, rear axle frame rail clearance and suspension geometry problems caused by excessively low ride height. Even the Pro-Kit springsregularly bottom outthe bumpstopseven onthe shorter Sport Line bumpstops I've installed in my car. When Irecently pulled my Eibach Pro-Kit springs out of the car and installeda set of new Steeda Competition springs Ifound to my surprise thatevenin front I had been bottomingout.I could see clear signsthe bumpstops werebottoming out on thetops of theD-specs and there were marks where thepolyurethaneelastomer bumpstops were rubbingon the top of thestruthousing. This is pretty much normal wear and tear I think as I drive very slowly through all driveways, dips andspeed-bumps. Butthe canyons along Mulholland can be pretty rough surfacedand this is where I do quite a bit of fast driving.

OBTW, if you have an interest in buying a set of usedPro-Kit springs in excellent condition packed in the Eibach boxat a reasonable pricePM me. The Pro-Kits worked great but are just too low for my use.

Cheers!