Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Eibach Pro-Kit Manual Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 07:01 AM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Default Eibach Pro-Kit Manual Please

If anyone could scan and email or fax the manual that comes with the Eibach Pro-Kit springs, I would greatly appreciate it. I am buying a used set. If you have in pdf form that would be good too. I know there's not much info in it but would just like to have.
Thanks!
Kevin
email wasvette@aol.com
Fax678-513-8856
Old 11-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Eibach Pro-Kit Manual Please

I just got the Eibach Pro Kit a week ago from Tire Rack. It did not come with a Manual. Not sure what you are expecting but the only thing of interest is a one page Installation Instructions. Other than that the only things in the box are a Mail in Rebate and little marketing brochure on other Eibach products. The installation instructions only have a few important items:

- The smaller diameter springs are the rear, larger diameter the front
- The Eibach logo on the spring should be in the up position (i.e. you can read it) when the spring is installed
- Remove and discard the OE front bumpstop dust boot and metal cup assembly
- Snap new Eibach boots (should have come with kit) onto OE bumpstops and reinstall
In other words, you keep the stock front bumpstops and use with the Eibach supplied dust boot. You discard the stock dust boot and metal cup.
- After installation have an alignment done

Sorry, I don't have a scanner. Although I could take a picture and send to you if you want.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:20 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Argonaut

I just got the Eibach Pro Kit a week ago from Tire Rack. It did not come with a Manual. Not sure what you are expecting but the only thing of interest is a one page Installation Instructions. Other than that the only things in the box are a Mail in Rebate and little marketing brochure on other Eibach products. The installation instructions only have a few important items:

- The smaller diameter springs are the rear, larger diameter the front
- The Eibach logo on the spring should be in the up position (i.e. you can read it) when the spring is installed
- Remove and discard the OE front bumpstop dust boot and metal cup assembly
- Snap new Eibach boots (should have come with kit) onto OE bumpstops and reinstall
In other words, you keep the stock front bumpstops and use with the Eibach supplied dust boot. You discard the stock dust boot and metal cup.
- After installation have an alignment done

Sorry, I don't have a scanner. Although I could take a picture and send to you if you want.
Thanks Argonaut - this is what I was trying to find out. I think I'm swapping the struts so I don't need to worry about the Eibach boots. Don't bother taking the pic, I think I got the Jist. Appreciate the help!!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:53 PM
JB_Sonic_197
1st Gear Member

Go to
http://www.fordracingparts.com/home/home.asp

The have a PDF for the instructions on how to lower your car, I suggest buying (and replacing)the upper strut mount from you local dealer when you're working on the front end
part number AD-1044, 5rz-18183-a
Old 11-26-2007, 08:00 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

JB_Sonic_197 - I didn't see the one for lowering?
Old 11-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Like Sonic says, I alsohave been told that the Manual suggests replacement of upper strut mount anytime struts are pulled out (don't have a manual myself but several others have said this). Don't know what the stock mount costs. I went ahead and got the J&M Adjustable Camber plates.

TacoBill has an excellent right up on installing lowering springs, lots of photos. This weekend I will be putting in: Eibach Pro, Tokico D-specs, the camber plates. I've read a lot on this stuff and it seems pretty straight forward.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:48 AM
JB_Sonic_197
1st Gear Member

The parts cost about $25 each,
I apologize, I thought FRPP had instructions online. It really is all that hard of a job.

Jack the car up and but on jack stands,
Remove the sway bay link from the strut
remove the calipers and hang out of the way ( you don't need to break the lines loose)
remove the strut from the spindel
remove the strut from the strut tower
RENT a struct compressor or get a shop to remove the factory struts
The Eibach struts are short enough you won't have to compress them to get back on the strut
install new strut bushing
reverse your steps.

The rear,
jack the car up on jack stands ( don't put under the axel place jack stands on the sub frame of the chasis) the axel needs to be able to move up and down
remove the caliper (don't break the lines loose) hang out of the way
remove the lower shock bolt
using a large pry bar or screw drive pop the spring out
PAY ATTENTION TO THE DIRECTION OF THE REAR SPRING DON'T TEAR THE SPRING SEAT
Reverse directions.

You need the following wrenches
8mm
10mm
13mm
15mm
18mm
21mm?

If you don't feel safe doing this DON'T

Go to the alignment shop

Old 11-27-2007, 06:51 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Thanks JB_Sonic_197- I feel comfortable - I did the UDPs, Hurst, etc. I also have an air impact wrench, etc. I just want to save time by getting all the info first and not f this up or have to pull it back apart. Thanks again!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:06 PM
JB_Sonic_197
1st Gear Member

Wasvett,
You're welcome, it is pretty easy if you're know how to turn wrenches. I installed the FRPP handling Pack on my car in about 4-hours by myself. I love these new Mustangs, they were engineered to be modified and had modifications in their DNA.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:27 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

follow tacobills post......its cake

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro-Kit Manual Please