Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

LCA Options

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:45 PM
HunterS664
1st Gear Member

Default LCA Options

Hey Guys
Ive been looking into LCA's for a while now and i think i have the gist of things but i have a question
I am not going to lower my car right now, definatley in the future, and even when i do i am only going to lower it an 1" all around or so
I hear alot about guys who install LCA's and get more vibration and such which is what i am wanting to majorly avoid
So my question is:
With a 1" - 1.25"Lowered car, can i use non-adj. LCA's
if not
Which adj. LCA bushing is the quietest?
- Whats the difference in performance between the different bushings?

Thanks

Hunter
Old 11-26-2007, 11:11 PM
HunterS664
1st Gear Member

Default RE: LCA Options

Also which bushing is the most maintinance free?

so

Goal:
- Silence
- Maintinace Free

Thanks
Old 11-27-2007, 11:12 AM
dseid2
2nd Gear Member

HunterS664

I lowered my car with the Ebiach Pro Kit which lowers the car about 1.5 inches in the rear and 1.3 in the front. Originally (among other things)I went with Steeda adjustable lower control arms,Steeda non adjustable UCA and BMR LCA relocation brackets. Unfortunately the bushings in the Steeda LCA's squeaked,a lot. Imust of pulled them off and re-greased them 10 times before I finally went with BMR non-adjustable LCA's. Both ends of BMR's LCA's have grease fittings (only one end on the SteedaLCA's had a grease fitting) and the bushings on the BMR LCA's are fluted so grease can actually flowaround the bushing(vs the Steeda bushings which are solidand will not allowgreaseto flow aroundthem). Since I putthe BMR LCA's on I have had no squeaks what-so-ever. Note that the non-adjustable Steeda UCA that I went with is slightly shorter than stock to correct the pinion of lowered cars.However, most people will recommend that yougo with an adjustable UCA, I just did not want the aggravation of another adjustment, particularly for a car that is set up for road race, not drag race.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:16 AM
JimC

I have the J&M HotPart non adjustable LCA's and have been very pleased with them. They are quiet and have definitely improved handling and getting power to the ground. They have a special system that is supposed to keep them from binding in turns, and so far it seems to be working for me.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:16 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

I had the J&M/HotPart control arms and had bushing failure. They look good on paper but weren't up to the task - for me anyway.

maintanence free - doesn't exist

poly-rod end combo is the way to go.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:38 PM
HunterS664
1st Gear Member

RodeoFlyer

will the poly-rod combo be quiet?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:44 PM
JimC

I'm surprised because I have 15,000 miles on my HotPart LCA'sand haven't had any problems. That is with a lot of time commuting and a lot of passes at the track.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

I had the J&M/HotPart control arms and had bushing failure.
Out of curiosity, afew questions.

1) do you have lowers and the upper or just the lowers

2) which bushing let go on you?

3) what sort of failure?

4) where is your PHB height relative to the axle-side control arm pivots?

Norm
Old 11-28-2007, 03:30 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

My phb is not adjustable for height. I lucked out however and it is level. The outer sleeves failed at the axle ends.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Do you happen to remember if the inner sleeve (that passes through the ball) extended beyond the flanges of the outer sleeves as assembled or if it was the assembled length of the sleeves plus the ball that was longer than the sleeve?

Was there a little radial clearance between the inner sleeve and the ID of the hole in each outer sleeve or were they reasonably tight fits (similar to typical poly bushing arrangements)?

How hard is the sleeve material (harder than /softer than /similar to the ball)?

Are the sleeves at the axle ends stiffer material than the sleeves at the chassis end?

Norm

Quick Reply: LCA Options