Camber Adjustments - MustangForums.com

Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Camber Adjustments

Old 01-31-2008, 06:32 PM
shelby69
1st Gear Member

Default Camber Adjustments

So, after reading a ton of posts here, I decided not to buy a suspension package. Instead, I am leaning towards D-specs, Steeda Ultra Lite springs, adjustable panhard bar and maybe a rear sway bar. The car will be mostly street driven with an occational autocross.
My question is...
How much is the alignment going to change? Will I need camber bolts and/or plates to make it be in spec? Also, does anyone have the specs for a slightly lower car? How will my alignment guy know where it should be?

Thanks for the help. This forum has been a ton of help for me over the last 3 months. I had been out of Mustangs for a little while (Audi S4 twin-turbo).

Thanks again
Old 01-31-2008, 08:02 PM
attridgerm
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Camber Adjustments

I have a similar set-up (see signature). Prior to purchasing the parts I emailed Steeda regarding alignment/camber adjustments. With the ultra-lite springs Steeda recommends 1.4 - 1.6 negative camber which is within the tolerance of the stock camber bolts. Shoot them an email they are quick to reply.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:59 PM
shelby69
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the reply. How do you like your setup? Is it a noticable improvement over stock?
Old 02-01-2008, 06:07 AM
attridgerm
1st Gear Member

Well worth the investment and big improvement over stock with no added noise, vibration or harshness (NVH). I chose the Steeda ultra-lite springs and pro-action shocks/struts based on research on this and other forums. I wanted something that would significantly increase handling without creating a bone jarring ride or trouble w/speedbumps, curbs or dips in the road.You'll pay a little more for Steeda products but the quality/customer service is top notch and my Ford dealer is a big re-seller ofSteeda Mustangs/parts and has indicated warranty coverage won't be a problem if needed.Butit all really boils down to what you want.