Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Steeda Lower Control Arms

Old 02-01-2008, 07:42 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Default Steeda Lower Control Arms

Hey I've been surfing here for a while and finally decided to join. My question is for those of you running Steeda LCA's, what do you guys think of them? Do they really make a big diff in the way the car performs? Wheel hop isnt a huge issue for me. Also what's the install like on them? Tough?
Old 02-01-2008, 07:50 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda Lower Control Arms

Any aftermarket LCA will make big difference in your launch. I have the Steeda billett's but I've used BMR too. I found the LCA's to make the biggest difference when it came to driveline flex, the difference was immediately noticeable. The install was very easy, just make sure you unhook only one side at a time. It's a little difficult to get enough leverage under there to torque them to the 130ft-lbs needed without a lift but it's manageable.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

VistaGt

If you haven't seen this thread yet it talks about the single use fasterners https://mustangforums.com/m_3886399/...tm.htm#4347979

And here are the Steeda LCA instructions - http://www.steeda.com/directions/555...ntrol_s197.pdf

Other manufacturers probably also have their instructions available on their web sites
Old 02-01-2008, 08:46 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

That post with the fastener part #'s is a big help especially when I didnt even know that they were one time use, you excited for your roush?. Btw drbobvs do you recommend steeda or bmr one over the other? I wouldnt be getting adjustable ones if that helps.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Vista GT

Excited and impatient as I ordered the car Dec 12 and won't get it until early March!
Old 02-02-2008, 07:16 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

For street use i like them both. When I was having drivetrain noise issues i found the that the Steeda, with their aluminum spaceframe design, transmitted less noise than the BMR which are solid, steel type. I also like the fact that you can route the Ebrake cable through the Steedas, like factory. With the BMR, you need to zip tie them to the LCA's which almaost always breaks over time. But the Steedas will cost you twice as much and to be honest they are really no better than the BMR's, it's just the little things that I notice , but likely no one else would.[sm=smiley2.gif]
Old 02-02-2008, 08:32 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

I had to save up for my car so I know all about waiting haha, trust me soooo worth it in the end (not to mention your S/C)! As far as the LCA's I think you might be right about the Steedas....although you pay more, you get what you pay for and in the end could be worth it. I've always had problems going the cheap way and am realizing you get it done right the first time even if you gotta pay for it.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

VistaGT

I'm old enough that I learned long ago that you usually get what you pay for and with things like suspension components you don't want to mess around to save a few bucks or risk your 30K + investment or your safety.

In my case I also don't want to spend the summer fixing and changing things - I want to drive it!

I like your colour choice -my Dad, who is 78, has an 07 Vista Blue Vert V6 with Tan top and interior - really sharp looking.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:15 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Definitly true! Thanks I really like the color too and get comments about it all the time. Im sure your Dad's looks sharp as well and hopefully I'll still be riding in style at 78.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:18 PM
tongy89
1st Gear Member

Im Looking at getting steeda LCA's as well. I just ordered some 4.10's so i think i will prolly need them.On the steeda's website i was looking through them and do i just get'Steeda Chrome Moly Lower Control Arms'.Do i need any relocation kits or anything else that they have on there? Sorry, kind of a newb!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Steeda Lower Control Arms