Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

CHE adjustable LCA's = JUNK!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 02:42 PM
CBSTANG
2nd Gear Member

Default CHE adjustable LCA's = JUNK!

I have had these LCA's between 1-2 years now and I thought they were just as good as other brands until today. I was going to change the pinion angle for my one piece driveshaft because it was off and I just never had the time to get to it. Anyway, I went to turn the main part on the LCA to draw the ends in, and it would not budge what so ever! I tried WD-40, I tried going the opposite way with the turning, I tried back and forth with the turning, and NOTHING! I was pulling so hard the car was lifting (not actually the whole carjust the body). Before anyone asks, yes the locknuts were loosened up, all the way in fact and no it did not do this when I got them, because I had to readjust them because I forgot to put locktite on the threads and they moved. It doesn't look bent and nothing else looks out of the ordinary, just that it seized up. It seemed to only be the driver side that I am encountering the problem, the passanger side turns smoothly. So I guess Im going to go with BMR and switch them out hopefully then I will have a good product.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:47 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: CHE adjustable LCA's = JUNK!

What did CHE have to say when you contacted them about your problem?
Old 02-08-2008, 03:01 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

it almost sounds like the threads
are stripped
Old 02-08-2008, 03:07 PM
CBSTANG
2nd Gear Member

Well I didn't, I know some of you probably wont agree with me, but when I buy parts and they break or something goes wrong with them under normal conditions like this, I don't want the same thing. And I know stuff wears out and needs to be replaced after a while, but times like this is ridiculous. I have never taken it to the track and I don't normally go hardon my car.I don't care if they would have replaced them both for free. If they can't make a good product the first time, then I definitely don't want there stuff the second time.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:15 PM
CBSTANG
2nd Gear Member

I don't know about the treads being striped. The locknuts were on there very good, so it wasn't moving I don't think. I have no idea how they could have gotten stripped and the locknuts could be turned by hand once loosened. I deal with 1 1/8 bolts up to 2" and can usually tell when they have bad treads butanything is possible, but I still ambaffled as to how that would happen.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Boss919
2nd Gear Member

Did you try a little heat? Sometimes when using parts that have been assembled with Locktite, it helps to heat them up with a propane torch. Also when you get them apart, you should use antiseeze on the parts that thread into the shaft and just use Locktite on the lock nuts.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:10 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i've had to deal with cheap stainless steel
u-bolts and nuts over the years and they
can strip out just after one use....

now you got me worried about my CHE
torque limiters......is that poo gonna seize up
to, after a year or two [:@]

ORIGINAL: CBSTANG

I don't know about the treads being striped. The locknuts were on there very good, so it wasn't moving I don't think. I have no idea how they could have gotten stripped and the locknuts could be turned by hand once loosened. I deal with 1 1/8 bolts up to 2" and can usually tell when they have bad treads butanything is possible, but I still ambaffled as to how that would happen.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:12 AM
1550GT
1st Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: CBSTANG

Well I didn't, I know some of you probably wont agree with me, but when I buy parts and they break or something goes wrong with them under normal conditions like this, I don't want the same thing. And I know stuff wears out and needs to be replaced after a while, but times like this is ridiculous. I have never taken it to the track and I don't normally go hardon my car.I don't care if they would have replaced them both for free. If they can't make a good product the first time, then I definitely don't want there stuff the second time.

I always give the company a chance to make good on a product. Parts are known to fail, that is just a fact. You said the other one is just fine so maybe the other one just have some corrosion going on there because after all it is under the car and subjected to dirt and water. Now if the company would not make good on their product then I would change to another manufacturer.