Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

D-Specs

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 03:39 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Default D-Specs

So I am thinking about ordering some D-Specs soon but I have a few questions first. I was wondering if Koni's are worth the extra money are they really a better then D-Specs?. Those of you who have D-Specs how much did the ride inprove when you installed them? And lastly where did you buy your D-Specs(Looking for Best Price). I am thinking about just ordering from brenspeed.

Last edited by simplexdesign; 07-19-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:38 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: D-Specs

please

please

please............

Use the search function. This isby farthe most common thread on here lately. Everything that can be said already has been over and over again.

You'll find everything you need to know.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:44 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

please

please

please............

Use the search function. This isby farthe most common thread on here lately. Everything that can be said already has been over and over again.

You'll find everything you need to know.
I have but was looking for more a list of peoples experiences and an updated list of the best places to buy them(if brenspeed isnt one).
And lets face it if it wasnt for re-posts this website would be dead

Last edited by simplexdesign; 07-19-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

I can't say which is better but I can tell you my thoughts on the D-Specs:
- My handling and "feel" of the car greatly improved with the combo of D-Specs and lowering springs
- I would not however say the ride is improved...as in more "caddy" like. It is a firm ride and I feel every bump. This of course is due to a number of factors: tires, springs, dampers, roads I routinely run on, etc. If I put the D-Specs on a soft setting, say 6, its pretty smooth and IMO acceptable for highway use, but still firm. On a setting of 2...its down right rough on expansion joints and what not, but handles great.
- I purchased them on Ebay, best price I could find at the time. This was before Sam was contributing to this forum. If I had to do it again I'd call him up and discuss the options, settings, other parts that compliment the dampers, etc.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:08 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

support your local grassroots racer/retailer -

contact Sam Strano. He sells both for a good price. Beware of "E-tailers". The lowest prices are usually accompanied by the lowest level of customer service.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:41 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Argonaut

I can't say which is better but I can tell you my thoughts on the D-Specs:
- My handling and "feel" of the car greatly improved with the combo of D-Specs and lowering springs
- I would not however say the ride is improved...as in more "caddy" like. It is a firm ride and I feel every bump. This of course is due to a number of factors: tires, springs, dampers, roads I routinely run on, etc. If I put the D-Specs on a soft setting, say 6, its pretty smooth and IMO acceptable for highway use, but still firm. On a setting of 2...its down right rough on expansion joints and what not, but handles great.
- I purchased them on Ebay, best price I could find at the time. This was before Sam was contributing to this forum. If I had to do it again I'd call him up and discuss the options, settings, other parts that compliment the dampers, etc.

Thanks thats the info I was looking for. How hard are they to adjust?

Last edited by simplexdesign; 07-19-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:10 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

If you can open a peanut butter jar, you can adjust the D-Specs.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

You are welcome. You can adjust all 4 in about 5 minutes. Tokico supplies you with a small tool that inserts into the top of each damper - turn clockwise to full firm, counter to soften. If you have the shaker 1000, the subs in the trunk can limit access, just fold the rear seats down and access them from there.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:02 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Argonaut

You are welcome. You can adjust all 4 in about 5 minutes. Tokico supplies you with a small tool that inserts into the top of each damper - turn clockwise to full firm, counter to soften. If you have the shaker 1000, the subs in the trunk can limit access, just fold the rear seats down and access them from there.

Good to know. Thanks man

Last edited by simplexdesign; 07-19-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:31 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

i agree and i bought and will buy most of my stuff from brenspeed to support my fellow hoosiers.... but when it came to dspecs there was a $74 (w/tax included) price difference. so, i went e-bay:

http://stores.ebay.com/JDM-IN-STOCK-Store

(wow, just checked their inventory and they have very few dspecs available and none for the mustang...)

also i've heard good things about hotpart.com:

http://www.hotpart.com/index.php?p=show&id=131

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

support your local grassroots racer/retailer -

contact Sam Strano. He sells both for a good price. Beware of "E-tailers". The lowest prices are usually accompanied by the lowest level of customer service.

Quick Reply: D-Specs