Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Share Your Track Day & Autox Experiences

Old 03-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Default Share Your Track Day & Autox Experiences

Now that the fun season is approaching don't forget to share your track day and auto-x experiences with the rest of us in this forum.

And if you have video and or data that is even better.

Some if us in the more northern climes are really getting serious withdrawal symptoms and need a fix - even it it is a vicarious one.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:22 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

My first track experience (more or less) will be on 3/28 at Putnam Park here in Indiana. Just an open lapping day. I'll post pics and likely video.

Last edited by timothyrw; 03-12-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by timothyrw
My first track experience (more or less) will be on 3/28 at Putnam Park here in Indiana. Just an open lapping day. I'll post pics and likely video.
Looks like a nice track to get your season started. Hope it is warm enough on Mar 28 to let you get your tires hot.

Looking forward to your report.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:02 PM
dvs4.6
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to here about the withdrawls, down in south texas we actually have to stop running in the summer months cause it gets to hot for corner workers and the cars alike. we run September - May. with the ocassional trip to a NASA event in houston or San marcos both about 4 to 5 hours away. lots of fun either way. last month i was following an suby sti in the rain and he hit a patch of water and hydroplaned for about 100ft before he went off the course and hit a burm, 4 flips later he was ok, the car toast. a tribute to his roll cage and 4point harness. none the less the event went on and was my trun to hydroplane for about 200ft but never hit the burm. same spot should have known better. i guess that where the saying comes from "ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE (OR CAR)GETS HURT".
Old 03-13-2009, 05:07 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

Here you are

My season's been going steadily haha.

2-20-09:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOq8_kdZgOg

1-10-09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgONk...eature=channel

I can't STOP! It's too much fun!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by danbevsv6rumbler
Here you are

My season's been going steadily haha.

2-20-09:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOq8_kdZgOg

1-10-09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgONk...eature=channel

I can't STOP! It's too much fun!
Hey Danny - those rims in your sig and video look pretty Cool! Nice vid by the way, bet you just loved passing that C4.

Last edited by Argonaut; 03-13-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:31 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Argonaut
Hey Danny - those rims in your sig and video look pretty Cool! Nice vid by the way, bet you just loved passing that C4.
hahahah thanks!!!

I wonder where I got such awesome rims!

BTW i'm kicking myself in the face for not getting 275/40R17 nt05s.... everyone i know LOVES them!!!! grrrrr hahaha
Old 03-14-2009, 03:16 AM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

I'm registered for a AutoX on the 29th... I can' freakin wait. I haven't stretched the Stang's legs adequately in a while. I've also got 2 days worth of credit for Texas World Speedway DEs, so I know I'll get to do at least 2, more than likely at least 4, track days this year. I'll be getting some sort of camera mount for videos and will be sure to try and post em. Just a disclaimer, though, I'm not competitive at all in AutoX, because the rear sway bar and tune I have put me in ESP instead of F-Stock and besides those 2 mods, I'm pretty damn close to stock; it's all for fun.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:11 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Texotic
I'm registered for a AutoX on the 29th... I can' freakin wait. I haven't stretched the Stang's legs adequately in a while. I've also got 2 days worth of credit for Texas World Speedway DEs, so I know I'll get to do at least 2, more than likely at least 4, track days this year. I'll be getting some sort of camera mount for videos and will be sure to try and post em. Just a disclaimer, though, I'm not competitive at all in AutoX, because the rear sway bar and tune I have put me in ESP instead of F-Stock and besides those 2 mods, I'm pretty damn close to stock; it's all for fun.
It is all about the fun of it. As the old line says "It is the most fun you can have with your clothes on".

My plans for this year so far are;
1) get the FAYS2 Watt's link and UMI LCAs installed in April
2) Test the new hardware and camera/data logger at either Dunnville or TMP in April/May
http://www.dunnvilleautodrome.com/
http://www.torontomotorsportspark.co...x.html?p=flash
3) Mosport Grand Prix Circuit May 22 http://www.frankewald.com/
4) Mustangs at Mosport Grand Prix Circuit June 17
5) At least one day in July, Aug and Sep if the budget and car will take it
6) Mosport Porsche Owners Club event Oct 17/18

Keep sharing your experiences.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

Hey danbevsv6rumbler, I hate you... Fine, fine, I'm just envious, like green-as-the-hulk envious. I can't wait for the Chicago season to start!

I've diverted most of my "play-money" away from further car mods and am now funding as much driving/instruction as I can afford. So, I've got the following scheduled:

May 16-17, Autobahn Country Club: North Track
May 18-21, Bondurant: 4-day Grand Prix School
June 1, Autobahn Country Club: Full Track (north & south combined)
August 3, GingerMan Raceway (w/CGI Driving School)
August 7-8, Road America
Sept. 5, Blackhawk Farms
October 2, Blackhawk Farms

Here's to SUMMER!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Share Your Track Day & Autox Experiences