Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Vibration--Alignment--tires backwards---

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Dblex
2nd Gear Member

Default Vibration--Alignment--tires backwards---

OK, so Ive had a vibration problem since I lowered the car, and of course over the process I have had MANY balance visits to the local tire guy.

SO, the car had been sitting for a while and I checked the pressure in the tires, ALL GOOD, and took her out.

Hmm, felt like she was pulling a wee bit. So, in to the alignment shop we go.

Conversation as follows:
Alignment guy: "So, things look good on the machine, right on"
Me:Great
Alignment guy:"oh wait"
Me:whats up?
Alignment guy:"do you know your back tires are backwards?"
Me:what do you mean?
Alignment guy:"see this arrow? it says this way and says left"
Me:uh huh
Alignment guy:"these are performance tires, they should be going in the other direction, you cant swap these, you have to rotate the front to the back and back to the front only"
Me:hmmmm, makes sense
Alignment guy:"we can take care of this for you, no biggy..but your alignment is right on"
Me: Cool, thanks

1 hr later, no vibration! SON OF A BI***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pinion angle funds BYE BYE!

Hello performance MODS!!!!!!!!

Thanks useless tire experts! Alignment guy did your job!
Old 06-13-2009, 07:16 PM
gunpig0313
3rd Gear Member

Did you take it to Discount Tire? Sounds like their kind of work they did the same $#!t to my car a while back.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Dblex
2nd Gear Member

I didnt say it! you did
Old 06-13-2009, 07:34 PM
gunpig0313
3rd Gear Member

The dude their tried to tell me the tires I was running we unidirectional but there not.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:29 AM
o7 tungsten
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gunpig0313
Did you take it to Discount Tire? Sounds like their kind of work they did the same $#!t to my car a while back.
haha, when i first got my wheels mounted and balanced there, there was a vibration when i would reach speeds at around 65-70. i took it back and they tried to fix it, but then i got the vibration at around 55-65. i didn't want to go back again so i just dealt with the vibration. but recently the vibration got a lot worse then usual so i took it back again, went on the highway and no vibration. after three tries they finally got it right. on the last trip there they told me that my wheels were off balanced, i guess the people that were workin on my car the first times did a half @ss job or didn't know what they were doin.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:50 PM
gunpig0313
3rd Gear Member

They do. When I worked their in high school if a nice ride came in I put wheel weights on the inside made things look nice and always made sure the balance was good. These D-bags out here don't care about people rides.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:15 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

ive always had a good experience at discount tire.. ive taken many cars there too, so they aren't all bad.