Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Steeda front control arm bushings

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Default Steeda front control arm bushings

Thoughts on these or has anyone installed them? The horror stories of failures and extreme nvh with tubular arms has me skittish and I've ruled out tubular CA's for street use. I still have a bit of vagueness in my front steering response and think these may be the answer.

http://www.steeda.com/products/steed...m_bush_kit.php
Old 10-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Blair
2nd Gear Member

I had a set of these on my '06 GT for a while and honestly I did not notice much of an improvement in turn in feel. Although I was running stock 17" wheels at the time. Maybe someone else with lower profile tires will chime in with their experience. I did however notice an improvement in braking. The nose dive seemed to reduce a little as well as that squirmy front end feel you sometimes get when braking hard. I used the harder black bushes and they definitely increase noise and harshness. I ended up taking them off after a month of living with the noise.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:21 PM
sd07gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
Thoughts on these or has anyone installed them? The horror stories of failures and extreme nvh with tubular arms has me skittish and I've ruled out tubular CA's for street use. I still have a bit of vagueness in my front steering response and think these may be the answer.

http://www.steeda.com/products/steed...m_bush_kit.php
I will tell you first about the Bmr contol arms ......I have seen a failure at willow springs but also I know a few people who have been using them for a few years with out any problems . So it depends if you get a Tuesday set of a half *** Friday set (lol) also I dont know if the Steeda x-5 ball joints will fit in them because there pretty thick around the hole where the x-5 goes in I know on the stock arms when the x-5 goes in it flares out the hole because its alot thiner there ? (something to think about )

as far as those Steeda inserts go I think if you have the Steeda sport springs they help out but when going with stiffer springs like I havee on my coilover set up I really didnt notist anything and I used the black bushing ...there was a pick up on NVH . Im sure if you do some testing with them over all they help.

Now Steeda offers another bushing set up ..it replaces the stock fluid one (219.00) Steeda says race only because it really gives you alot of NVH. Its basically the same piece thats on the BMR arm .....but the performance you will gain is alot in turn in and braking ! I have took a ride in a car with the BMR front control arms (poly) version and I didnt think they were bad and thats was with a 275-40-18 tire .

Hey go over to the s197 forums and go on the Corner carver section alot of good people over there including myself , they might be able to help you out a little better .

Last edited by sd07gt; 10-22-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:17 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I'm careful of the parts I install on the car now after trying some rod-end lowers ca's and getting driven nuts for a few weeks. I still have a double rod-end panhard but it doesn't annoy me like the lower ca's did.

I did hear of someone experiencing issues with the X5s and BMR ca's. They wouldn't seat correctly if I remember. I quickly ruled them out after hearing of the X5 compatibility and massive increases in nvh.

I may pick the Steeda's up and give the red (softer) durometer bushings a try. The nose dive reduction alone would be great. I won't go near those small poly "race only" bushings on my street car. Thanks for the info.