Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Eibach possible clearance issues?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 11:57 AM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

Default Eibach possible clearance issues?

I really have my heart set on Eibach springs so I am going to Les Schwab to get some springs as soon as I make this decision. So I really need some advice on this one.

1. I dont know if I should go with the sportlines or pro kit? Opinions? Im going to stay with stock sized rims for a long time maybe 18's eventually.

2. Does one feel better on the road compared to the other? Do either have bad bottoming out problems?

3. I am also getting the pypes mid muffler system and I am worrying if I go with sportlines will they rub the ground at all?

4. Can you go with any bigger tire than 235/55/17s with either kit?

I would really appreciate some pictures of both spring kits if you guys have any. Thank you.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

I have had a car lowered 3 inches and I drove carefully and hardly scraped ....you will be fine with either of these. Bottoming out will not (should not) be an issue unless you live in arkansas or Kentucky lol

Your main concern will be with ride quality.....the prokit is a little softer and will ride better (very slight difference though)
Sportlines will drop you a bit lower......
Either way you will need aftermarket dampeners.
I would recomend D-specs but if you're on a budget then look into the HP's (prokit)
if you go sportlines you will wanna get something a little better...D-specs or Illuminas or Koni

Good luck and enjoy a killer lookin car after your drop!
Old 11-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

OH and I have seen 315's on the rears and 275's on the fronts with both kits no issues
Old 11-29-2009, 12:13 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

Do you think the mid muffler system will scrape at all being it comes down about an inch lower where the stock pipes run?

This isnt my car I just found this though. I cant tell if its already lowered or not. I just am worried with this setup and lowering springs wont work
Old 11-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

it'll work fine no worries.....if you're all that concerned just go with the prokit and HP's
You will be satisfied and the car will look great!
Prokit will sit about a half inch higher .....btw
Old 11-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

it'll work fine no worries.....if you're all that concerned just go with the prokit and HP's
You will be satisfied and the car will look great!
Prokit will sit about a half inch higher .....btw
Old 11-29-2009, 12:43 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

That's probably what's best since I live in Idaho and the roads aren't in the best shape. I would really like some pictures of clearence under either kit though
Old 11-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Les Schwab, haven't heard that name in ages!!! My buddy has eibach sportlines and complains of scraping all the time here in austin...he runs axle back mufflers You'll rip the mid mufflers out from under the car with sportlines.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:20 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

eeeeek that's what I thought
Old 11-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I'll take some pics of my current steeda competitions with the mid-mufflers and with the Steeda ultralight springs coming next week. I'd take some now but I'm not at home and my GF took her camera out of town with her for thanksgiving...

I'm "housewatching" for her :-). I'd rather be here than my adolescent infested condos...

Quick Reply: Eibach possible clearance issues?