Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Adjustable panhard bar ?s

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:04 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

Default Adjustable panhard bar ?s

My next purchase will be an adjustable panhard bar and I know very little about suspension. Brenspeed sells a BMR adjustable panhard bar for $135 and if I remember correct it is on car adjustable which is what I need. Are all adjustable panhard bars the same just different brand and do they all do the same thing? I dont need anything extreme just something to center the car after lowering it. Will the BMR one be fine or is there a different one you guys would suggest? And do I need the matching support rod to go with it?
Old 02-18-2010, 01:37 PM
jodadejss06gt
1st Gear Member

I've got the UMI double adjustable with the roto joints from Strano. I actually had to adjust mine to the correct dimensions and then pull it back off the car to tighten it.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:21 PM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

steeda all the way, i got the bar to
Old 02-18-2010, 02:47 PM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

I just got the UMI 1055 from Sam. Make sure the adjusting rod end is on the left side of the car when installing (if you are looking at the rear end from behind the car). You will have to tighten the right side before it goes on the car though. It's hard to get a wrench small enough to fit (you'll see what I mean). I just adjusted everything to the dimensions of my old panhard and tightened everything while it was on the ground, then dropped it on some jack stands to put weight on the rear end and tightened the installation bolts.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:29 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

bmr is double adjustable... plus the red bushings look good. really though they are all good and an upgrade over stock i think youll be happy no matter what you get.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:06 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

I have the bmr that i bought from brenspeed.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:05 PM
6-Speed
2nd Gear Member

I have the BMR adjustable panhard bar and I'm very happy with it. I don't think the brace is mandatory, but I replaced it anyways.

The other bars with the jam nuts at the ends can be adjusted on car with the end bolts snugged. When the desired length is set, you can drop the end on the passenger's side, apply some blue thread locker under the jam nuts and crank them both down. Then re-install the end and torque down the two mounting bolts. Loosening the panhard bar brace nut attached to the passenger's side chassis mount makes it easier to remove the panhard bar.

Here's a link to a BMR Panhard bar/brace install thread:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...nhard-bar.html

Last edited by 6-Speed; 02-18-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:53 PM
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

Other than centering things, what improvements can one expect from an aftermarket bar? Thanks
Old 02-19-2010, 12:18 AM
zero2sixd
1st Gear Member

Generally speaking, with poly and/or rod ends you get less slop than you would with the rubber bushings. This translates to better feel about what the rear of the car is doing when corning at or near the limit. My $.02 is that if you don't drive at 7/10ths or better then it most likely won't be noticeable. And, if you're driving at 7/10ths or better, hopefully you're doing it in a place that only endangers you and your car rather than innocent bystanders.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:53 AM
peetiewonder
2nd Gear Member

i got the umi on car adjustable. on car adjustability makes life a lot easier.

Quick Reply: Adjustable panhard bar ?s