Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Weird Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 05:05 AM
prfxshn

Default Weird Problem

I installed Eibach Pro Kit springs in my 2010 Mustang GT a few weeks ago. I actually had my mechanic do the work, since I didn't trust myself with such a swap. Got an alignment the same day. During the past few weeks of driving with the new springs I have heard a LOUD bang twice (once last night and once about a week after the springs were installed.) When I say LOUD, I mean LOUD. Sounds like someone fired off a shotgun underneath my vehicle. Sounds like it might be coming from the rear drivers side wheel well, but I am not 100% certain. This never happened before the Eibach install. Both times I have checked my rear-view to see if I have left anything behind in the road, but there is nothing. Both times I have been on smooth road. Anyone had something similar?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:21 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by prfxshn
I installed Eibach Pro Kit springs in my 2010 Mustang GT a few weeks ago. I actually had my mechanic do the work, since I didn't trust myself with such a swap. Got an alignment the same day. During the past few weeks of driving with the new springs I have heard a LOUD bang twice (once last night and once about a week after the springs were installed.) When I say LOUD, I mean LOUD. Sounds like someone fired off a shotgun underneath my vehicle. Sounds like it might be coming from the rear drivers side wheel well, but I am not 100% certain. This never happened before the Eibach install. Both times I have checked my rear-view to see if I have left anything behind in the road, but there is nothing. Both times I have been on smooth road. Anyone had something similar?
Was it just a smooth road or did you hit something in the road like a bump or something? Cause sometimes those bump stops will make a loud thud.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:28 AM
nemosgt
2nd Gear Member

Poster mentioned smooth road.

Take it back to your tech and have him recheck everything. May have forgotten to tighten something. It's usually difficult to tell exactly where the sound is coming from even though you think it is the left rear, so have him look at the whole suspension set-up.

Cheers.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:07 PM
prfxshn

Thanks for the replies. I have been on smooth, straight road each time that has happened. Not going around any curves or whatnot, just straight and level. I will take the car back to the shop tomorrow. Getting ready to make a 300 mile trip to the NC Outerbanks. Don't want to be stuck on the side of the road! Thanks again