Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Lowering my stang

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 12:30 PM
frdsinmyblood88

Default Lowering my stang

Hi I want to lower my 2007 Gt I am looking at a couple of sets of springs 1st is Steeda extream sport springs will lower front 1.75" and back 2" the only thing with going with those is steeda says that you have to upgrade a bunch of other things going tohat low. I am also looking at H&R Super sport springs that are close in the lowering 1.7"front 1.9" back or I can go with eibach springs at 1.3" front 1.4" back I'm just not sure what to do cause they all look like a good set but I don't have the money now to upgrade all of the things steeda wants me to. Hope someone can help.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

The reason Steeda suggest making the other changes when you do such an extreme lowering is that it messes up the suspension geometry, especially at the front, and can negatively affect your handling.

If all you are interested in is the slammed look then it probably doesn't matter.

To help us provide more assistance we need to know how you want to use the car and what you want improved from the present handling.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:59 PM
frdsinmyblood88

I want a lowered look not to much tho. As far as handling I am looking for better cornering and traction I am not ready to go heavily modified but I do want to improve my overall handeling.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

About 1" down at the front and 1.25" at the rear, to level the car, seems to be a good setting for these cars.

Check out Sam's package offers

http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...=143&ModelID=5
Old 09-22-2010, 03:43 PM
frdsinmyblood88

Thanks for your help. Will I need to get anything else when I do a mild drop?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

The alignment should be checked.

My suggestion is if you are ready to buy then give Sam a call. He is very knowledgeable and won't sell you something you don't need and has a lot of satisfied customers on this and other forums.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:38 PM
frdsinmyblood88

Thanks for all your help. I have one more question what do you think of the different brands of springs? And which is one you would recommend?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

I have only used Steeda Competition springs so can't comment on any others.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:15 AM
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

I just had the Eibach Sportlines installed and nothing else. The ride is more firm, but definitely not the rough ride I was expecting. You wont regret it, so go for it. The only thing I had done other than install was get an alignment and everything was within spec....and that is with a 2 inch drop.... so no camber bolts, panhard bar, etc. If you plan to race then those things will matter, but for a DD there is no need.

Take your time and find a great deal, I bought from a guy who installed them for me and did the alignment, all for $200....The springs were about 6 months old.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:03 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

As others have pointed out to you, Sam Strano custoemrs in general are very happy. I have never seen one complain anyway.

That said, I elected to just read around, knew what i wanted, and bought the set I wanted. The Eibach pro kit is not a very aggressive drop, but definatly changes the look of the stance of the car. You can tell its lowered but its not a pain in the ****. Also, these springs handle VERY well, I could not be happier with the ride from just throwing a set of springs at it.

On a side note I usualy recomend people take a look at this kit when they start looking at suspension, as its hard to beat for the price:
http://www.brenspeed.com/10-1300-a11503.html
a well balanced system with great handling for a resonable price... though I noticed the price went up. you used to be able to get this kit from stage3 for $650....

Quick Reply: Lowering my stang