Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Lowering springs help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:29 AM
05sonic

Exclamation Lowering springs help!

I will be getting my taxes back shortly and would like to invest in a set of lowering springs. I've looked at H+R, Eibach, and Ford racing spring sets but have no idea if one is better than the other.

I have stock 17" rims on my 05 GT, I plan on eventually getting 18" rims if that has any affect on the choice.

Any feedback appreciated!
Old 02-21-2012, 01:42 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 05sonic
I will be getting my taxes back shortly and would like to invest in a set of lowering springs. I've looked at H+R, Eibach, and Ford racing spring sets but have no idea if one is better than the other.

I have stock 17" rims on my 05 GT, I plan on eventually getting 18" rims if that has any affect on the choice.

Any feedback appreciated!
Do you plan on doing any racing? If not, I would recommend our Sport springs. They offer great handling and maintain street ride quality. Let me know if I can help you with those!

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I sell a lot of Steeda Sports, I prefer them for most street cars. I'm waiting on a shipment of them right now in fact (Steeda is out, that's why I'm waiting). There are two versions, though and they are not the same and I only use one particular version around here. Also you don't want to do springs without good dampers. Actually you really want good dampers even if you don't change springs.

If you go here, you can see what the particular set of Sports I recommend look like on various cars: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=75&ModelID=5 And you can see that I ship them for free too.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 AM
safetyfastgt
1st Gear Member

Bit of a post hijack, but Sam, do you have any photos of convertible installs? The rear of the convertible sits lower than a coupe. I want to get your package, but don't want to look my tail is dragging.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:53 AM
safetyfastgt
1st Gear Member

Now that I look at Steeda's site, I see they list a different rear sport spring for the convertible. I think it has a 190lb rate. Perhaps that is the answer, though I would like to hear your thoughts Sam.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:47 AM
astentine
2nd Gear Member

Eibach Pro-Kit is a nice drop. About 1.25" all around. Tightened up the body roll, reduced the nose dive. I highly enjoy them. I've got the 17" wheels and there is no clearance issues with some room left even.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I don't have pics of a convertible, and there is set of springs for that car that's just not had time to get on the website. The look results in what normal Sports look like on coupes. The extra rate balances the greater weight of the rear of a convertible.

So I can get the convertible springs for you, that's not a problem. Just not had time to add them to the site.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:39 PM
safetyfastgt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I don't have pics of a convertible, and there is set of springs for that car that's just not had time to get on the website. The look results in what normal Sports look like on coupes. The extra rate balances the greater weight of the rear of a convertible.

So I can get the convertible springs for you, that's not a problem. Just not had time to add them to the site.
Great. Thanks Sam.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:08 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by astentine
Eibach Pro-Kit is a nice drop. About 1.25" all around. Tightened up the body roll, reduced the nose dive. I highly enjoy them. I've got the 17" wheels and there is no clearance issues with some room left even.
Agreed, I have the UPR Pro Series springs on my 2006 GT (which are made for us by Eibach and they spec out the same as Eibach Pro Kit springs) and they are a good all around setup. Good traction in a straight line and in the corners, but without giving the car a rough ride.

Here's how mine sits on 275/40-18s:

First stage of UPR Products Suspension by sharadraldiris, on Flickr
Old 02-28-2012, 08:05 PM
safetyfastgt
1st Gear Member

Nice clean looking car Sharad

Quick Reply: Lowering springs help!