Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

GT500 Mounts vs Camber Plates for DD

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 03:14 PM
imaredtuna

Default GT500 Mounts vs Camber Plates for DD

Getting ready to install a set of Koni Sports on my 2010 GT Vert. The car is my daily driver (100 mile commute per day), and will not see any track time, just the occasional fun run through the twisties. I am planning to keep the stock springs up front and use a set of the Route 66 55D springs in the rear for a slight drop to get rid of the dreaded 4x4 stance.

After researching here on the forum, I want to swap out the stock upper strut mounts while I have the struts out of the car. My question is whether I should go with the GT500 mounts or a set of the Steeda HD mounts. Since I am not dropping the front end I don't think I should have any camber issues, so the GT500 mounts seem like a good choice, but I thought I would ask for opinions here before moving forward.

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:37 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

You can't go wrong with the Steeda HD Mounts...

Don't waste your money on the GT500 mounts. They are only slightly better than the stock mounts.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

I currently have the Koni sports with the Steeda HD mounts with the Koni Sports, OE springs all around, and Sam Strano's bars. I bought the Steedas mainly for the camber adjustability that I'd either use right away or eventually depending on where I found it and if/when I was going to swap the springs.

After a year and a half, I'm still on the OE springs, with no complaints.

No, you shouldn't have any camber issues, or rather you shouldn't suddenly end up with any. But having easy camber adjustability you can then go on to set the camber to what works best for you and your driving. It's not exactly rocket science or brain surgery to DIY camber and toe. Seriously.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 01-11-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:19 PM
IA Shelby
1st Gear Member

I swapped out my GT500 OE mounts for Steeda. Love the set up. Highly recommend Steeda. My vert is also on steeda sport vert springs.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:33 AM
imaredtuna

Is there any significant increase in NVH between the GT500 mounts and the Steeda mounts?
Old 01-12-2012, 01:17 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Since you don't HAVE to change your mounts because you have a 2010, I'd say either get the Steeda's if you don't mind the cost or keep the OEM's. I see no reason to use the GT500 mounts. My car is a 2011, therefore I had to change to *something* when installing Koni's. I chose the GT500 mounts knowing I might want to switch to the Steeda's later on. Mainly due to the cost.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:44 PM
DPHC13
1st Gear Member

I have the GT500 mounts and I still have the poping clunking sound in the front of the car. I looked at the mounts side by side new and old ones... the same thing. Get steeda. Thats my next move.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:47 PM
imaredtuna

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm going to go ahead and order up the Steeda Mounts from Sam Strano. Once those arrive I'll get all the parts on the car and report back on how it all works out. :-)
Old 02-29-2012, 06:51 PM
radioguy1

Originally Posted by dcarlinf1
Since you don't HAVE to change your mounts because you have a 2010, I'd say either get the Steeda's if you don't mind the cost or keep the OEM's. I see no reason to use the GT500 mounts. My car is a 2011, therefore I had to change to *something* when installing Koni's. I chose the GT500 mounts knowing I might want to switch to the Steeda's later on. Mainly due to the cost.
Did you keep the stock springs or did you change those also? I want to keep the stock springs but install Koni Yellow Sport shocks and struts and am wondering if the GT500 mounts will work on my 2011 Mustang?
Old 03-05-2012, 02:31 PM
imaredtuna

I am keeping the stock springs up front, but going with the Route 66 55D springs in the rear to get a slight drop. Once the Steeda HD Mounts arrive (thanks for the help on those Sam!) I'll get all of the parts on the car and report back with my impressions on how it all works out.

Quick Reply: GT500 Mounts vs Camber Plates for DD