Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

KW Coilovers Installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 10:18 PM
silverstang23
2nd Gear Member

Default KW Coilovers Installed

I just put KW V3's on my car this weekend. What a difference over stock suspension or lowering springs. I'm really happy with the coilovers. I was expecting them to be much rougher then they are. The car is about the height of the eibach pro kit and is sitting at the kw factory set compression and rebound settings. It has very little roll and understeer around corners but is smooth enough to daily drive. Extremely precise even with -.5 degrees of camber.

Here is a pic:

I also want to say thanks to Sam Strano for all the help figuring out the right route to go

-Andrew
Old 09-18-2012, 10:45 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Wow! Your car looks amazing! Wouldn't change a thing about it! How does she handle with the coilovers?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:34 AM
silverstang23
2nd Gear Member

It handles very well. Riding around it is extremely smooth. With the current settings, you can't count the rocks or cracks in the road. The only rough part is sewer covers and bridges on the highway. Some bumps seem softer then stock. It rebounds really fast over bumps so you don't have the prolonged effect of the bump. It has a lot lest horizontal travel. You do not get that sense that car is leaning going through corners. It feels very flat and consistent. After having this for just about a week, I don't know how you could go another route. The two way adjust ability allows you to customize the ride and height exactly how you want
Old 09-19-2012, 07:17 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

It looks great Andrew, congrats!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Phoenix335

Looks like the perfect drop. Where in the height adjustment range do you have it set?

I am waiting on my car to show up and am trying to figure out which package to go with. Did you consider the Ford Racing adjustable damper kit or the Eibach coil overs as well?
Old 09-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Toxix
2nd Gear Member

How much all in?
Did you do the install as well?
Old 09-19-2012, 08:31 PM
silverstang23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Phoenix335
Looks like the perfect drop. Where in the height adjustment range do you have it set?

I am waiting on my car to show up and am trying to figure out which package to go with. Did you consider the Ford Racing adjustable damper kit or the Eibach coil overs as well?
It's supposed to be 1" between the wheel and fender in the front and 1.25 in the back. It's settled some so might be a touch lower. I didn't really consider those. I had a lot of conversations with Sam figuring out my goals ad he suggested the kw v1 or v3s. I wanted the adjustability of the 3s so that's what i did. I couldn't be happier. I spent some time tonight adjusting them to my personal preference and the front drives like its on rails. Rear still needs some work. It's very easy to adjust. Can all be adjusted under load, no jack needed. Rebound is very easy. Front bounce is easy. The rear bounce is hard to reach without lifting it.

I'm in it almost $3k flat with install tax shipping and alignment. I have the maximum motorsports caster camber plates on it
Old 09-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Phoenix335

Originally Posted by silverstang23
It's supposed to be 1" between the wheel and fender in the front and 1.25 in the back. It's settled some so might be a touch lower. I didn't really consider those. I had a lot of conversations with Sam figuring out my goals ad he suggested the kw v1 or v3s. I wanted the adjustability of the 3s so that's what i did. I couldn't be happier. I spent some time tonight adjusting them to my personal preference and the front drives like its on rails. Rear still needs some work. It's very easy to adjust. Can all be adjusted under load, no jack needed. Rebound is very easy. Front bounce is easy. The rear bounce is hard to reach without lifting it.

I'm in it almost $3k flat with install tax shipping and alignment. I have the maximum motorsports caster camber plates on it
Thanks for the input. I currently have a 335 and the guys who have gone with the v1s are seemingly having a good bit of issues. I'm leaning toward the Ford Racing kit but am looking for input from owners like you on other options.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:59 AM
Scott2
2nd Gear Member

Andrew, the stance looks perfect!
Old 09-21-2012, 02:56 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

tech talk aside, that looks friggen AWESOME!

Quick Reply: KW Coilovers Installed