Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

2013 v6 Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Green Stang

Default 2013 v6 Suspension

Ok, So I have been looking to lower my car since I purchased her. I am planning on doing new camber plates, shocks, springs, PHB.

Right now I don't have a whole lot of money to throw all this on at once, and wanted to buy them one by one.

So here is my question. I am looking at purchasing the "SR Performance Lowering Springs". In the description on American Muscle it says I will need to install the GT500 Camber plates before I put the springs on.

Is this true? Can I put these springs on my stock suspension, and upgrade the Shocks and Camber plates over the summer?

Thanks.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:29 PM
shouldhavegottheGT
2nd Gear Member

I saw in another post that it is not necessary but highly recommended. However if you are planning on upgrading the strut mounts, you want to do that at the same time as replacing your springs. You will have to take apart the entire assembly to get the mounts off. You'll already being doing this to replace the springs. No sense in doing it twice.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-question.html
Old 02-13-2013, 04:32 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

You can do just the springs for now, safely. But I'd install an adjustable panhard bar asap.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-p...rd-bar-05.html
Old 02-14-2013, 11:41 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

OP,

You can install the SR Performance springs without the GT500 strut mounts, we just don't recommend using the stock mounts. However, it's been done a lot and I personally wouldn't be too worried about not running the strut mounts if this is your daily and not a track car.

Of course, it's much easier to do all of these upgrades at once and will save you from a headache down the road. So, do as much as you can comfortably afford!

Also, once you lower the car, your rear axle won't be perfectly centered under the car anymore. You'll need an adj Panhard bar to center it again.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Shane