Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Suspension Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Crazy Stupid

Default Suspension Kit

I am looking at getting the Ford Racing Suspension kit or the Roush Suspension kit. Both seem to be the same for the most part. Both lower the car an inch all the way around and upgrading the suspension totally. Is this really a good route, or should I be buying everything seperately?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:02 AM
bgoose99
1st Gear Member

Give Sam Strano a call. He'll take the time to talk to you about what you want out of the car, and make sure you spend the money on parts that will work for you.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:54 PM
jayman33
Banned

I would opt for another choice. The roush and FRPP suspension setups are a bit overpriced and offer things you really don't need.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:57 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Crazy Stupid
I am looking at getting the Ford Racing Suspension kit or the Roush Suspension kit. Both seem to be the same for the most part. Both lower the car an inch all the way around and upgrading the suspension totally. Is this really a good route, or should I be buying everything seperately?
They both make good products, but my UPR suspension setup is as good or better and it cost less.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Crazy Stupid

Thanks guys. Really just want to lower the car an inch and eliminate this body movement.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:17 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Thanks guys. Really just want to lower the car an inch and eliminate this body movement.
Do it! You'll be glad you did.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Crazy Stupid

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
They both make good products, but my UPR suspension setup is as good or better and it cost less.
You recommend UPR, but when I look for it, I dont see a full kit, and really only can find the Upper and Lower control arms. Are you recommending build out my own kit?
Old 05-29-2013, 12:21 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

I Highly recommend building your own kit. Much better and cheaper. There are plenty of venders that sell a variety of manufactures and you can mix and match and find good deals.

I went with Sam, no regrets, only want to keep modding and turn my car into what it should be.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:16 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

You recommend UPR, but when I look for it, I dont see a full kit, and really only can find the Upper and Lower control arms. Are you recommending build out my own kit?
This package with a set of Koni Yellows will make a nice setup:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-s...prings-11.html

Of course, I can help you spec out every last part if you want to discuss it with me. That's my job! (I can give more appropriate recommendations if we discuss your specific needs)
Old 05-31-2013, 08:26 PM
Crazy Stupid

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
This package with a set of Koni Yellows will make a nice setup:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-s...prings-11.html

Of course, I can help you spec out every last part if you want to discuss it with me. That's my job! (I can give more appropriate recommendations if we discuss your specific needs)
Ok, I like that looks and it is most of what I am looking for. I am pretty new at the suspension game, though. does this help with body roll or is it for wheel hop and launches. Also, which Struts are you recommending?

Quick Reply: Suspension Kit