Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Any TSB on 2012 GT front suspension

Old 07-30-2014, 01:21 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

Default Any TSB on 2012 GT front suspension

So my 2012 GT has 10k on the ticker and when i go slow over speed bumps or small bumps the front suspension sounds like a creaky old bed frame. The car is well taken care of and all. I thought I saw stuff before about 2011 had issues like this but wasnt sure if 12 had it to
Old 08-05-2014, 08:43 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Yes, the '12's have the front control arm bushing problem as well. I had mine replaced at about 32K miles. Same exact symptoms that you described.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:22 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
So my 2012 GT has 10k on the ticker and when i go slow over speed bumps or small bumps the front suspension sounds like a creaky old bed frame. The car is well taken care of and all. I thought I saw stuff before about 2011 had issues like this but wasnt sure if 12 had it to
Hi 05xrunner,

You should bring it in to your dealer and speak with the service manager. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Old 08-23-2014, 03:36 PM
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Hi 05xrunner,

You should bring it in to your dealer and speak with the service manager. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
My 2014 with only 2k miles on it is doing the same thing, did it today on the way home I wonder if it is a heat related thing? Its 100 degrees here it popping and clunking like something is broken in the front end. does the TSB cover 2014 as well? Got this from another forum site:
its a TSB:
TSB 13-09-03 - Effective Sep 4 2013 2011-2014 Mustang
- Grunt/Creak/Chirp/Squeak Noise From The Front Lower Control Arm Over Bumps, but I cant find anywhere online that can verify this.
I actually cant believe all the issues I have with a car that cost this much.

Last edited by chrisdbassplayer; 08-23-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:19 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer
My 2014 with only 2k miles on it is doing the same thing, did it today on the way home I wonder if it is a heat related thing? Its 100 degrees here it popping and clunking like something is broken in the front end. does the TSB cover 2014 as well? Got this from another forum site:
its a TSB:
TSB 13-09-03 - Effective Sep 4 2013 2011-2014 Mustang
- Grunt/Creak/Chirp/Squeak Noise From The Front Lower Control Arm Over Bumps, but I cant find anywhere online that can verify this.
I actually cant believe all the issues I have with a car that cost this much.
Hi chrisdbassplayer,

Please make an appointment with your dealer for all and any concerns you’re experiencing with your vehicle. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Old 08-25-2014, 07:00 PM
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Hi chrisdbassplayer,

Please make an appointment with your dealer for all and any concerns you’re experiencing with your vehicle. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Deysha, thank you I will soon as I can. The strange thing is I really believe this is some type of heat related thing. My wife and me took a drive saturday about 3 hours it was about 96 degrees and by the afternoon it was clicking and popping so bad I thought the front end was going to fall apart. But the very next day only a 10 minute drive and absolutely no noise at all, I really am concerned that I will show up at the dealership and they will find no noise and they wont correct the problem. While on vacation in Florida it started clicking and popping. So I called the closest dealership my wife and I wasted part of a day of my vacation due to this problem already and they said they couldn't find any problems or noise so sent us on our way. I watched them they put it on the rack for all of 30 seconds looked at it with a flashlight and took it down. It took longer for them to put it on the rack and take it off than the time they looked at it. The rest of our vacation the noise was nonexistent, 12 hour drive home with no problem. Anyway I say all this I don't want to waste my time sitting in a dealership for several hours only for them to tell me there isn't a problem. By you escalating it will they be more likely to fix it even if they don't hear the noise?
Old 08-26-2014, 07:41 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer
Deysha, thank you I will soon as I can. The strange thing is I really believe this is some type of heat related thing. My wife and me took a drive saturday about 3 hours it was about 96 degrees and by the afternoon it was clicking and popping so bad I thought the front end was going to fall apart. But the very next day only a 10 minute drive and absolutely no noise at all, I really am concerned that I will show up at the dealership and they will find no noise and they wont correct the problem. While on vacation in Florida it started clicking and popping. So I called the closest dealership my wife and I wasted part of a day of my vacation due to this problem already and they said they couldn't find any problems or noise so sent us on our way. I watched them they put it on the rack for all of 30 seconds looked at it with a flashlight and took it down. It took longer for them to put it on the rack and take it off than the time they looked at it. The rest of our vacation the noise was nonexistent, 12 hour drive home with no problem. Anyway I say all this I don't want to waste my time sitting in a dealership for several hours only for them to tell me there isn't a problem. By you escalating it will they be more likely to fix it even if they don't hear the noise?
No, chrisdbassplayer. Your vehicle must be fully diagnosed and the concern duplicated in order for your Ford Dealership to attempt any repairs on it. However, it helps with the whole process. Try to pinpoint when it happens where you can recreate it, then make your appointment, and then PM me with your info. Keep me posted.

Deysha
Old 09-20-2014, 01:25 PM
hrlingat

does anybody have an actual copy of the TSB 13-09-03, my 2013 is back in the dealership for this issue for the 4th time (with the lower control arms being replaced each time).

I'm getting about 150 miles before the the first symptoms of the problem with the lower control arm, starting again.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:55 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by hrlingat
does anybody have an actual copy of the TSB 13-09-03, my 2013 is back in the dealership for this issue for the 4th time (with the lower control arms being replaced each time).

I'm getting about 150 miles before the the first symptoms of the problem with the lower control arm, starting again.
Hello hrlingat,

Welcome to the forum! my name is Deysha with Ford Service and I’d like to this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 01-30-2015, 04:02 PM
KarenInAHotPony

Post My '13 GT has squeaking issues

I have had my 2013 GT to the Ford dealer to diagnose squeaks and they can't find anything wrong with it. Can anyone tell me exactly what I should tell Ford so they can fix this issue before the warranty expires in June? The squeaks started during the cold weather but I read another owner said the squeaks started when it was really hot. Is there a the common solution? I love my Pony and only want it perform like it should; and for it to not sound like it's an old jollopy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any TSB on 2012 GT front suspension