Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

800 rwhp GT500!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 01:48 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 800 rwhp GT500!

i saw that, i so want it, just too bad i wont be able to afford the huge markups :-(
Old 06-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Maddog52
1st Gear Member

I guess it all comes down to how much is that car worth to you. I love the GT500, but I don't 60,000 dollars love it.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:09 PM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Zan186

ORIGINAL: Jizz

I love my Stang and all

but $60,000+for a Stang =[sm=owned.gif]
Yep 100% totally agree! The Mustangs are sweet cars, but under 35k they are a steal. When you get into the performance packages you gotta start wondering what the hell you are spending your money on. First off, you should never buy a car that dealers are marketing up for they are just raping you for a profit! Most importantly, why would you spend that kind of money on a Mustang? For 60k you could get a brand new Corvette, a 2 year old Z06 Corvette, or even better a Generation II Dodge Viper, or a 911 Porshe.
I am getting ready to buy an 07 Mustang for a daily driver to complement my 02 Viper for Spring/Summer/Fall driving. I could afford to buy the GT 500 but two things turn me off to it. They don't offer it as an automatic which is a must for a daily driver. (One hand on steering wheel, the other hand on Starbucks Coffee). Plus I have the Viper in Stick so I get all my excitement banging gears with the beast.

For those who got stupid and paid more than MSRP for a GT 500, you got owned by the dealer big time. If you were all patient the prices would of dropped below msrp and you could of gotten a deal.
I drove GMs for 20 years and I've had so many problems with them I've had my Last one. The Viper does look good but it's a Dodge that's out of the Question. I wouldn't **** on a porshe to put and it's driver out even if he was an American!!
Old 06-03-2007, 03:01 PM
2007 GT/CS

Why are mustang owners being bashed on a mustang forum??? So what if people are over paying for a mustang. So people actually would rather have a Mustang then anything else. Shouldn't that be being praised?
Old 06-03-2007, 03:53 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

The 500 is a very comfortable musclecar. It can very deceiving when you drive this thing. I'm starting to get a good handle on it now and I think it has tons of potential.
The viper is a very nice car but I would not trade it for a 500. I have a customer that has one. I think it's an 8.0L v10 with around 450hp. We when at it a few time behind his manufacturing plant. We are pretty much even in regards to the acceleration. I think you can get an 02 Viper for around the same price has a GT500 right now. It's a matter of taste really.
I do agree that the GT500 is way overprice. I bet most people buy them as a business expense. I know I did....

Looking back now,I can honestly say it was worth every penny! 5K get you over 800hp with <<relative safety>>.. I think we're going to see this car owning the streets for a while.

ORIGINAL: 2007 GT/CS

Why are mustang owners being bashed on a mustang forum??? So what if people are over paying for a mustang. So people actually would rather have a Mustang then anything else. Shouldn't that be being praised?
Old 06-03-2007, 04:40 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

At that price I'll take a Z06.

How are they designing thefuel systemsin these monsters to prevent fuel from sloshingto the point where it doesn't getpumped and the engine goes lean and the car explodes?
Old 06-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lldsandsll

How are they designing thefuel systemsin these monsters to prevent fuel from sloshingto the point where it doesn't getpumped and the engine goes lean and the car explodes?
Go easy on the TV watching man....
Old 06-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lldsandsll

Go easy on the TV watching, man! [8D]
Old 06-03-2007, 05:08 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

my dad got his gt500 for msrp.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:18 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Scotty07

ORIGINAL: Zan186

For those who got stupid and paid more than MSRP for a GT 500, you got owned by the dealer big time. If you were all patient the prices would of dropped below msrp and you could of gotten a deal.
Wow, maybe they all should have looked into their crystal *****, got each others phone numbers, had a big meeting, and decided as a group to sit back and wait the price out. Give me a break.

To say people got owned and to call them stupid is just plain stupid. Cars will bring what they will bring in a given market. Mystichrome Cobras brought a premium around here, as do LS7 Z06's, Vipers, etc etc. It is all about supply and demand. There is not a large supply of GT500's around here and the demand is high, so dealerships are getting 15-20K over MSRP...and are selling EVERY-SINGLE-ONE.

No, not everyone can afford that (including me), but I don't **** and moan in my Cherrios because of that. Instead, I smile for those that can and give the few on the streets I have seen a big thumbs up! Besides, I know that not everyone can afford a Mustang GT either. Oh wait, maybe those of us that paid invoice should have held out and hoped for a bigger rebate than the $1,000 one....
+1

They will NEVER be seen at MSRP especially since they are stopping production next year for the Cobra. Most all of the dealerships around here habe RAISED the markup to 20-30K over because of the announcement that they wil not be making any more.

I'm sorry but I do not believe ANYONE who claims to have gotten one or knows someone who got one for MSRP. I call [sm=bs.gif]. The Best deal I have ever heard of was 5K over and that was to a family member of the damn owner. The only person who is getting one for MSRP is the owner of a dealership.

The ONLY thing that would make me believe anyone got a deal is to see a copy of the contract.

BTW - that KB cars runs on C16 to make 802 rwhp. It makes 650'ish on pump gas.

Quick Reply: 800 rwhp GT500!