Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Can someone describe.........

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 03:42 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

Default Can someone describe.........

the tsb out for out tr6060.... ive been looking and been to a few sites but really cant find a good description of whats actually happening to them.... clutch drag..grinding etc etc... So what im asking is, whats exactly happening??? what are we suppose to look for or listen for??? Like i said i read the tsb and some site forums but no one describes whats happening to their cars that made them bring it in to the dealer... Im really asking just so i can make sure i dont have any issues or signs of me having the issue... Thanks a ton

Nick
Old 09-19-2008, 03:52 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Clutch judder or slipping, sometimes hard to shift into gear and reverese, lots of chatter noise.........
Old 09-19-2008, 04:03 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

Mine doesnt even wanna shift into 2nd gear...i dont have time 2 switch out the sifter right now so its just sitting....
Old 09-19-2008, 04:18 PM
1995blkgtconv
1st Gear Member

I'm glad someone brought this up because i was going to, mine sometimes feels a little rought going into second, and this weekend on my drive sitting at the stoplight ad heard a grinding noise coming from the below the shifter.

Also when I'm letting the clutch out it sounds kinda like a air leak a hissing noise is that normal?
Old 09-19-2008, 04:30 PM
GRABBER CS
3rd Gear Member

There is a tsb out on these issues. take in to the dealer and it should get fixed for free.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:32 PM
GRABBER CS
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1995blkgtconv
I'm glad someone brought this up because i was going to, mine sometimes feels a little rought going into second, and this weekend on my drive sitting at the stoplight ad heard a grinding noise coming from the below the shifter.

Also when I'm letting the clutch out it sounds kinda like a air leak a hissing noise is that normal?
It's normal. It's because of the ceramic clutch.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:56 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

im just asking cause i read something about if the hissing continues after the clutch is released then you have the clutch drag issue.... Im asking this because now after reading some things and listening to my car i think my clutch could possibly be dragging.... Doesnt seem to do it when the car is cold but when fully warmed and i have the car in gear and i start to release to the clutch then push it again the hissing 95% goes away but it sounds like its still semi hissing... hard to explain on the computer but something like this...... releasing the clutch... hiss.... push clutch back in fully... quite but hear some hiss hiss hiss hiss for 3-5 secs sometimes.... the hiss is as i describe... not a hissssssssssssss but a hiss hiss hisss.... I wanted to bring it in tomorrow but now i have to work and not sure if ill be able to... The thing is, my car has done it since i bought it but never thought anything of it till i started reading on this.... might be nothing but its worth to check out..
Old 09-19-2008, 05:00 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

the only other thing i have noticed on my car... again noticed it when i bought it but thought nothing of it till i started reading on it... again might not be anything.....
but when coming out of 1st gear a little higher in the revs...2-3k ish and pulling it out of gear to go into 2nd... its not always a smooth pull... kinda like its still gripping... its not hard to get out but feels werid, doesnt always do this but kinda got me wondering... does anyone else feel liek this coming out of first?? The thing to is, it only does it coming out of first, all the other gears including rev feel ggreat and smooth...
Old 09-19-2008, 06:02 PM
1995blkgtconv
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TimeForPain
the only other thing i have noticed on my car... again noticed it when i bought it but thought nothing of it till i started reading on it... again might not be anything.....
but when coming out of 1st gear a little higher in the revs...2-3k ish and pulling it out of gear to go into 2nd... its not always a smooth pull... kinda like its still gripping... its not hard to get out but feels werid, doesnt always do this but kinda got me wondering... does anyone else feel liek this coming out of first?? The thing to is, it only does it coming out of first, all the other gears including rev feel ggreat and smooth...
I feel it more going into second feels like it catching a little. Are you hear a a grinding noise when its in neutral?
Old 09-19-2008, 06:19 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

I never have heard any type of grinding, in neutral there is some noise from which seems to be the tob, which all of my cars in some way or another have had noise... so i thought this to be normal... But other than those couple things the car runs great... I just want to be safe and bring it in and have them inspect and make sire that everything im hearing is normal and make sure they document it... that way if anythign happens i could say i told them so...