Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

AFCO Dual Pass Heat Exchanger w/DUAL 10" Spal Fans

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default AFCO Dual Pass Heat Exchanger w/DUAL 10" Spal Fans

Lethal Performance is proud to announce the new AFCO Pro-Series Dual Pass Heat Exchanger with DUAL 10" Spal Fans.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/201...0-fans-p-30474

As many know we were the ones to introduce the AFCO dual pass heat exchanger to the GT500 market. AFCO approached us several weeks ago letting us know that they've finally put together an upgraded unit with dual fans. They obviously know how important it is to keep up with the demand that our customers look for. As we've seen the dual fan heat exchanger has become a very popular unit. Continuous air across the fins of the heat exchanger help in lowering inlet air temps. This will also prevent you from losing power due to heat soak. The addition of (2) 10" Spal fans along with a larger core means business. This will be the largest heat exchanger for the 07-10 GT500 to this date.

If anyone has seen an AFCO product you know it's of the highest quality. The cores, welds and design are used in many high performance applications for both street and track use.

Lethal Performance has locked up the entire first batch and we're giving all of our customers a first shot at purchasing them. We expect to have them available by the end of this month. If you're on our mailing list you'll receive an email about the new AFCO heat exchanger tomorrow. If not you can find more info about this piece on our website or by giving us a call.

The best thing about the AFCO unit it that it's competitively priced at $669.95

When dealing with Roots or Twin Screw Superchargers there's always the issue of intake temps. When running the car hard and spinning the blower fast you create heat. Heat equals a loss in power as well as the possibility of damage to the engine. One way to help reduce these intake temps and the risk of damage is to add more fluid into the intercooler system which in turn helps lower intake temps by disiapating heat.

Whether it be on the street or at the track the warmer the car runs the more timing gets pulled. In addition to that an excessive amount of heat known as heat soak starts to take place. This keeps the car down on power and running less efficient. This again can be helped by adding more fluid into the cooling system. The temperature of the intercooler fluid will lower and cool down faster in between runs.

Here is a rundown of AFCO Pro-Series heat exchanger vs. Stock:

Core Size
AFCO core is 10" tall x 22.44" wide x 2" thick.
Stock is 6" tall x 23" wide x 1.25" thick.

Height:
Stock 6"
AFCO 10"

Width: Stock 23"
AFCO 22.5"

Thickness: Stock 1.25"
AFCO 2.0"

Front Face Area
Stock 138 sq. in.
AFCO 202 sq. in. (50% increase)

Overall Surface Area:
Stock 690 sq. in.
AFCO 1616 sq. in. (135% increase)

Fan Type:
Dual 10" Spal Fans

Here's some of the features of the AFCO Pro-Series Heat Exchanger for the Shelby GT500 and S197 Mustang GT:

* Fits 2007-2010 Shelby GT500 and 05-10 Mustang GT's
* High efficient double pass design vs. OEM single pass
* DUAL 10" Spal Fans
* Increased HP do to a dramatic intake temperature drop compared to stock
* Quicker cool down times in between runs at the track
* Helps prevent heat soak and detonation due to increased intake temps
* Simple do-it-yourself bolt on installation
* Furnace brazed core (no epoxies) with beautifully tig welded tank construction

Last edited by Boostaddict; 11-09-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Old 11-10-2009, 08:26 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Looks great and love the addition of the fans
Old 11-11-2009, 08:55 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Jared looks great has anyone done an unbiased test vs the C&r / Shelby heat exchanger yet? Any tech info on IAT comparisons or CFM test comparisons? It is definitely cheaper but is it as good or better? I am looking to upgrade mine before next spring so very interested
Old 11-11-2009, 09:08 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Hey cheft, where you been man.
Though you were mad at us or something...
Old 11-11-2009, 09:49 PM
whitegt500

is there any way to add the fans on, i have the afco heat exchanger already, would be way easier to add those then to buy ALL of it again?
Old 11-18-2009, 01:40 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Hey cheft, where you been man.
Though you were mad at us or something...
Hey pascal my friend! Nah just been busy with job change etc... I could never be mad at you guys just allot of stuff going on leaving me very little forum time
Old 11-18-2009, 02:12 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
Hey pascal my friend! Nah just been busy with job change etc... I could never be mad at you guys just allot of stuff going on leaving me very little forum time
good seeing you, everything alright?
Old 11-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by whitegt500
is there any way to add the fans on, i have the afco heat exchanger already, would be way easier to add those then to buy ALL of it again?
You could fab up a single fan kit but due to how the pump bracket on the non-fan unit is placed and the size of the actual core there would be no way to install the dual fans on it.

Hope that answers your question.

Jared
Old 11-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Our first batch of AFCO Heat Exchangers with Dual Spal 10" Fans has arrived. These are in stock and now offered with SAME DAY SHIPPING GUARANTEED

http://www.lethalperformance.com/201...0-fans-p-30474

NEW AFCO UNIT WITH FANS

'
NEW AFCO WIH FANS COMPARED TO THE ORIGINAL AFCO WITHOUT FANS

Last edited by Boostaddict; 11-23-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Quick Reply: AFCO Dual Pass Heat Exchanger w/DUAL 10" Spal Fans