my 08 gt500 slow make over. - MustangForums.com


S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
BlackShelbyGt500
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: california
Posts: 377
Default my 08 gt500 slow make over.

everything stock





new rims stance sc5




lowered with eibach coilovers



added new cross drilled slotted rotors
window louvers
new antena 8"
JLT lower grill bezels
what she looks like now!











Last edited by BlackShelbyGt500; 04-04-2012 at 12:12 AM.
BlackShelbyGt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:27 AM   #2
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member
 
MELLOWYELLOW06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,577
Default

Love it, amazing!
MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:39 AM   #3
Tanner05
Chop Mod
 
Tanner05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 3,330
Default

Beautiful!
Those rims are sick.
Tanner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
mk70ss
2nd Gear Member
 
mk70ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 320
Default

That is smoking hot! What are those billet circles in the lower grill? Are they lights or vents or what? I like them!!!
mk70ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 977
Default

they are the cooling duct inserts for the front brakes when they are functional. The KR's have these. I thought about maybe getting these for the front as well.

Looking good! What does the rear look like? Have you centered the rear Shelby badge yet?? this is a must have as well! Smoke the tails, front signals and rear markers as well

adidasUNT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
Lifter583
4th Gear Member
 
Lifter583's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 1,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk70ss View Post
That is smoking hot! What are those billet circles in the lower grill? Are they lights or vents or what? I like them!!!
I ran 2.5" tubing from my brake vents...drivers side comes up right under the air filter and the other side blows straight up into the engine bay toward the blower...really increases the outside air flow through the engine and cold air directly to the filter...
Lifter583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #7
BlackShelbyGt500
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: california
Posts: 377
Default

I haven't centered the shelby badges, did you used the stock shelby lettering in the rear? If you did have did you take it off and what did you use to stick them in there? Also my billet hoods pins kits should be here by the end of the day, so im going to be installing those and on thursday my side scoop should be installed also.

Last edited by BlackShelbyGt500; 04-04-2012 at 12:26 PM.
BlackShelbyGt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #8
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location:
Posts: 3,834
Default

Looks awesome!!!
cheftjpeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #9
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShelbyGt500 View Post
I haven't centered the shelby badges, did you used the stock shelby lettering in the rear? If you did have did you take it off and what did you use to stick them in there? Also my billet hoods pins kits should be here by the end of the day, so im going to be installing those and on thursday my side scoop should be installed also.
I reused mine since it's the "red stripe edition" lettering with the red inserts... you can order a center badge template off of ebay for like $20 i think, that's the route I went. Get some goo-gone and some dental floss and go to work. Have a razor blade handy for taking the excess tape off the letters after removal. It also makes it easier to heat up the surface with a blow-dryer or something. Good luck!
adidasUNT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #10
BlackShelbyGt500
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: california
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasUNT8 View Post
I reused mine since it's the "red stripe edition" lettering with the red inserts... you can order a center badge template off of ebay for like $20 i think, that's the route I went. Get some goo-gone and some dental floss and go to work. Have a razor blade handy for taking the excess tape off the letters after removal. It also makes it easier to heat up the surface with a blow-dryer or something. Good luck!
so the center badge template is the tape that i use to re tape the badges in the middle?
BlackShelbyGt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Mustang Expansion Tank Granatelli Sales The New S550 2015-2017 Mustang 21 04-27-2017 01:33 PM
Legendary Hurst shifters - up to $50 rebate carid General Tech 1 07-08-2016 09:55 AM
Pure Gas - Ethanol Free algregory 4.6L V8 Technical Discussions 4 09-11-2015 11:44 AM
Huge Savings from Lethal Performance.com!(Whipple, McLeod, Kooks, & MUCH MORE..) Boostaddict Lethal Performance 2 09-08-2015 09:56 PM


Tags
0509, 2005, 500, black, coilover1999, converted, eibach, gt, gt500, mustang, sc5, slow, stance, v6, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.