Any Dark Horses?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2023, 02:27 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Default Any Dark Horses?

Has anyone purchased a Dark Horse yet? If so did you order it and how long did it take to get it? I put a deposit down at my local dealer in Covington, LA last week with no idea of when it will be built. They said it could be summer.
Old 11-14-2023, 06:33 AM
JimC

Is the dealer hitting you with the "additional dealer markup"? One near me had one when I was looking and then they said "Oh, it is $7,500 over MSRP" and I told them to keep it.
Old 11-14-2023, 08:27 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

They tried to but I said no deal. I'm a good customer having purchased 2 Edges, 1 Mustang and having a supercharger installed on another.
Old 11-14-2023, 09:43 AM
JimC

Back in 2008 the dealership owner called me and asked me to come in to check out something that had just come in. It was the Shelby GT500KR and they ordered it for a Ford exec, but when it came in he decided not to go ahead with it. Like you, bought a lot of cars from them and knew the owner pretty well. He said that it was sucking up a lot of his floor financing of course and that the wanted to move it so I could have it if I wanted it for a little under MSRP, and if I found someone who wanted it he would sell it to them for MSRP. At that time the KR had ADM everywhere. When my wife saw one go at Barrett Jackson she said, "how come we didn't go ahead and buy that one that Tom offered to you?"
Old 11-14-2023, 03:07 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

I've had a few cars that I wish I had kept, many of which are worth a ridiculous amount of money now. If we could predict the future we would be rich men
Old 11-30-2023, 03:43 PM
khyedarak

Default Mustang Dark Horse

I ordered my Dark Horse on July 17. Almost 5 months and it's still sitting in the dealer's computer. It's sitting in Priority 1 status, which is the highest priority level before it gets picked up my Ford. Also means that the dealership has the allocation for it. Dealer keeps telling me they don't have any status updates for me and that their Ford rep can't do anything about it. Don't know what else to do.
Old 12-01-2023, 09:18 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Are you sure that means they have an allocation? I've placed my order with a $1K deposit but my dealer doesn't have an allocation yet which means I'm in line with their system waiting for an allocation. What I don't know is whether anyone is ahead of me. When I bought my C8 my dealer called me and told me my number came up on their wait list, went in, place the order, and had a car 12 weeks later. I guess everyone does business their own way. Good luck by the way. Are you getting it for MSRP?
Old 12-01-2023, 09:28 AM
khyedarak

Originally Posted by proeagles
Are you sure that means they have an allocation? I've placed my order with a $1K deposit but my dealer doesn't have an allocation yet which means I'm in line with their system waiting for an allocation. What I don't know is whether anyone is ahead of me. When I bought my C8 my dealer called me and told me my number came up on their wait list, went in, place the order, and had a car 12 weeks later. I guess everyone does business their own way. Good luck by the way. Are you getting it for MSRP?

I myself work for a dealer group and we have a Ford Commercial dealership. My management tells me that when an order in the dealer's DMS is sitting there in Priority 1, that means they have the allocation for it. It also means it's the highest priority level in their system before an order is picked up. I called about 10 dealerships and one agreed to the deal at sticker price. Thanks, at this point I'm hoping to see it in the spring. But again, I'll never know until Ford picks up the order.
Old 12-01-2023, 09:51 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Interesting. You would think if they had an allocation that Ford had the parts and was ready to make some more Dark Horses. I know when I built mine on line there was a warning of limited availability. I probably won't see mine then until fall!
Old 12-01-2023, 09:58 AM
khyedarak

I wonder how many they're producing for the first model year of the car... I do see the first wave of them arriving at dealerships now. I am hoping I am part of the next wave. I saw one on youtube the other day, the badge on the dash read "2,083", so I'm hoping at least 10,000 units.

Quick Reply: Any Dark Horses?