Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Is my Stang rare?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 10:43 PM
SMOKE
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Is my Stang rare?

Fairly common knowledge on the FNSweet board.
04 Production numbers.

Shaker Mustangs

CY – Competition Orange Total Verts 0 Total Coupes 6 5-Speed Vert 0 5-Speed Coupe 6 5-Sd V6 Coupe 0

Really thought thought this was a dead issue.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Cherisa

Now that we have clarified that the car is somewhat rare, although we can't agree on howrare, I really would like to know what the value would be should I sell the car. I would also like to know where I might go to sell the car if I should decide to. I had no intention of buying a rare car, I just wanted something "tough" that wasn't a "Mommy" car (i have a 2 month old). I can always buy another GT and put some aftermarket parts on it. Sounding more and more like an idiot, aren't I?[sm=bustedsign.gif]
Old 06-21-2006, 01:31 PM
02 JRClassic
1st Gear Member

Cherisa,

I am not sure how one would go about placing a rarity value on your car. Unlike Classic's and 440A's which were the top of the line vehicles to own, your car is either a stage 1 or stage2 with just a shaker kit. If they produced a prototype vehicle a year prior and this was it, then you would have something to discuss. I would be thrilled more about owning the vehicle than worrying about a monetary value it could fetch.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:52 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

who ever posted that other forum thing posted an accual pic of a roush in comp. orange with the shaker and this girl has a GT with a roush body kit and a shaker system. I would think that the real roush one with the side exhaust would be worth alot more then the GT.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:02 PM
02 JRClassic
1st Gear Member

without having a vin # or a door jamb production number, there is no way to say it is definately a legit roush vehicle. I posted the link to fnsweet to slience 04mach and to provide a visual illustration of what the comp orange shaker's looked like. Having a stage 3 fasica in front and 5 post wing in back yet no side exhaust does create some doubt to the validity of it being an actual Roush.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Cherisa

I have a Roush Serial number in the doorjamb. The wing is a 4 post, not a 5. I called Roush and they verified with the VIN# that they did install the Roush GT Shaker package on the car(see previous thread). I don't know a lot about the Roush packages, but from the research that I have done and articles that I have read, I don't believe that this car has the Stage 1 package on it. The GT Shaker package was a "special edition" package for the '04 Anniversary Mustang and I believe that the Roush GT Shaker cars only have that package on them, not the Stage 1 or Stage 2. The car is a "real" Roush. I seemed to have caused controversy and never intended to do that. I only wanted information on the car and thought those of you that knew about them could help. Thanks for all of the information that was supplied.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:33 PM
04Mach1DD
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02 JRClassic

04Mach1DD, you seem awfully arrogant in your response, yet you seem like you have no clue what you are talking about. So I will do everyone a favor and show you how wrong you are.

Moderators, I apologize for linking to another forum, but it's to prove 04Mach1DD wrong.

http://fnsweet.com/forums/showthread...t=roush+shaker

Wow what's that a picutre of? An 04 Competition Orange Roush shaker car. Available on Stage 1 and Stage 2 Roush vehicles.
Wow i made a mistake and everyone has to jump on my *** about it. Reason i was doubting it is because i thought that it was the Stage II Package with the Shaker system. And his car is missing a few things the stage 2 didnt have.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:00 AM
02 JRClassic
1st Gear Member

Cherisa,

Did you manage to figure out what number your car was in the series of 6?

04Mach1DD,

The only reason I jumped on your *** was due to the fact you were making arrogant, unfounded comments. What is posted on fnsweet's database of Roush vehicles was collected by one of your predecessor's, which at this point in time is something I will believe is accurate.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Cherisa

You know, I didn't think to figure that out. Maybe, 04Mach can help with that. There are some of them registered on the FNSweet website, but like 04Mach said, they may not all be the GT Shaker package. My Roush # is 9733.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:56 PM
Susan1970

Question 2004 Mustang GT - Roush - Shaker??

Can anybody tell me all of the particulars on finding out FOR SURE that a 2004 Mustang GT, Roush, Shaker is actually one of the only 22 made? I've seen some posts to give me some ideas, but I'm not sure if we've found an actual rare gem and need to know FOR SURE.

Where do you check VIN numbers? My guy and I are both new to the SHAKER scene! We just bought a 1999 Mustang - 35th Anniversary- Convertible and will soon be in the process of "beefing it up", but found a 2004 we are really interested in verifying.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Is my Stang rare?