General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lock or Unlock?? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 04:04 PM
Roadie1600

Arrow Lock or Unlock?? HELP

I have what must be an unusual problem. We belong to the YMCA but cannot take our Mustang there. We pull into the parking lot and get out of the car. I press the lock button on the remote and nothing happens. I can lock the car by using the door switch but if I do that I cannot get back into the car. Last week I was locked out again but used the key buried in the remote to get the door open. When I got into the car I could not start it. The message on the dash said no key recognized or something to that effect. I don't remember what exactly what I did but somehow got the engine started. The car behaves perfectly anywhere else that I have been, There must be something near the Y that interferes with the system frequency. I have no idea what it could be. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

I assume this must be an S550 (2015+) model?

Based on what you're saying it does sound like there is an RF interference issue. Cell tower nearby, overhead power transmission lines, invisibility cloaked alien spacecraft hovering over the YMCA building, something. Have you spoken with anybody at your dealer service dept about this? My best guess is its an uncommon issue but you never know, maybe Ford has ran across this problem a couple times and has a fix for it.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:08 PM
Roadie1600

You are correct. The dealership has never heard of this problem before. So I called Ford directly. Same response. The Y has a large parking lot. The problem occured when I parked close to one end of it. Today I parked on the opposite end, Sweet success. That tells me that all of the systems on the car are OK. As long as I can avoid being near the wrong end.....Well , who really knows. In any case I plan to watch very carefully for the alien spaceship. They're a sneaky bunch. Thanks fer the help.