General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anti-theft

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 08:57 AM
wichris

Default Anti-theft

Bought a second 2003 GT to use up all the 'stock" parts from my other one. Instrument cluster, radio, ect were out. Started and drove into garage. Wiring was all butchered up, more twist connectors than in a house wiring. Removed all the "extra" wires that were spliced in. Won't start now, the theft icon is flashing. Any ideas on how to fix/correct that? The reader I have is married to the other car.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:20 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

PCM, cluster and transponder key are a matched set and work together to allow the car to start. If I understand correctly, you replaced the cluster.... So far as I'm aware, your options are take (tow) the car to Ford and have them reprogram PATS, or you could also just have it disabled altogether. Call and ask, but I think you can just remove the PCM from the car and take it to them and it can be done on the bench.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:46 PM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Z28KLR
PCM, cluster and transponder key are a matched set and work together to allow the car to start. If I understand correctly, you replaced the cluster.... So far as I'm aware, your options are take (tow) the car to Ford and have them reprogram PATS, or you could also just have it disabled altogether. Call and ask, but I think you can just remove the PCM from the car and take it to them and it can be done on the bench.
Forescan can re-program a PCM, Ttransponder, and keys according to numerous threads. I have not yet tried it, but just sayin'......