General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Problems with my 2015 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 12:03 AM
BrockGT

Default Problems with my 2015 Mustang GT

Hi, first post here and wondering if I can find any answers to my problems. I bought my 2015 Mustang March 6, with 28k Miles. Since then I’ve put about 500 on it (showing family and driving a lot to show friends). Anyways I been using the traction control button and it has been working but I can’t seem to fully remove the advancetrac off. It says advancetrac sport mode and when I do a cookie it cuts out.

Also my traction control does not work when on/off and I would like to know what is causing it not to work? I only have a month left on the warranty.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:53 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

You can never fully turn it off.

Advancetrac is NOT the same as traction control.

One, keeps the rear wheels from spinning on Launch, that you can turn off, so you can
do burnouts..

The other is a stability program that detects slides or wheel slips when turning, thus you
can't do, cookies (doughnuts?). When the steering wheel is turned, and a wheel locks up
or slips, it does it's thing, thus preventing you from doing it.

There may be a fuse for the feature, you can hook up a bypass switch.

If in snow, you can turn the wheel, then pull the ER brake handle, and you can, cookie....
Old 03-15-2018, 08:35 AM
BrockGT

Okay so with that out of the way, I don’t have any warning signs or lights on my dash but my car does not hold up. Everywhere I go is a burnout and it just slides from side to side with traction control on.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:42 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

SO, your motor has SO MUCH power, that every time you step on the gas, you do
burnouts? Is that what you're saying? My mustang doesn't have any traction control,
ABS or advancetrack, and when not in the snow, it drives just fine... So, if you just tap
on the fuel pedal and you're doing burnouts, well, then yeah, I would take it back before
the warranty is up and have it addressed. You don't want to be burning through tires all day...

I had a jeep liberty, and one day, on my way back from Missouri, I felt these bad
vibrations, and I was losing speed. I thought the transmission had just took a
dump. For the hell of it, I decided to push the traction control button to turn it off,
and voila, that nastiness stopped. The traction control system was kicking in
while I was going straight.. Had that fixed under warranty... Turns out, it was the
clock spring/angle sensor in the steering column. I didn't get any lights either,
and I have seen the ESC light come on and blink many times when losing traction.
This time, nope.