Speed Density/Carb/SSP section This section is for the Speed Density or Carb vehicles, as well as Special Service Package 'Stangs

speed density and supercharging

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 03:57 PM
mustangjon

Default speed density and supercharging

Ok well as most of you know, im doing a bit different build than most, for one I'm refusing to change to MAF until the mods superseed my abilities to tweak and make it work. Yes i know its not going to be 100% maximized since noone can burn a chip for the computer at least around here they cant.

I've done proved 24lb injectors run just fine on speed density. So here is thought, I'm picking up a vortech v2-sq tonight, and planning on running speed density still. I'm going to put my 24lb injectors back in, and use the FMU to control fuel pressure. Going to run an accel boost retard box. My plan is to start with 0 on timing before, and just try to get fuel pressure right first. (yes I have a wideband)
If i cant get it in the safe range fuel wise then i'll convert as a last effort. Planning on running 8-10 lbs boost tops.

Also was thinking of using a nx264hr the comp cams blower cam, similar to the speed density friendly 260hr normal.

Seems the local tuners of course they like new technology think i'm nutz and just going to blow it up because of this. Of course these guys also told me that the 24lb injectors and the 1.7 rr on the stock cam would make the car not driveable and I proved that wrong.

Any comments welcome thanks again.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:33 AM
MetalMulisha

Originally Posted by mustangjon
Ok well as most of you know, im doing a bit different build than most, for one I'm refusing to change to MAF until the mods superseed my abilities to tweak and make it work. Yes i know its not going to be 100% maximized since noone can burn a chip for the computer at least around here they cant.

I've done proved 24lb injectors run just fine on speed density. So here is thought, I'm picking up a vortech v2-sq tonight, and planning on running speed density still. I'm going to put my 24lb injectors back in, and use the FMU to control fuel pressure. Going to run an accel boost retard box. My plan is to start with 0 on timing before, and just try to get fuel pressure right first. (yes I have a wideband)
If i cant get it in the safe range fuel wise then i'll convert as a last effort. Planning on running 8-10 lbs boost tops.

Also was thinking of using a nx264hr the comp cams blower cam, similar to the speed density friendly 260hr normal.

Seems the local tuners of course they like new technology think i'm nutz and just going to blow it up because of this. Of course these guys also told me that the 24lb injectors and the 1.7 rr on the stock cam would make the car not driveable and I proved that wrong.

Any comments welcome thanks again.

let me know how this goes im soo intrested
Old 02-22-2009, 07:23 AM
JPJP
1st Gear Member

My '86 is supercharged (Paxton SN) and is totally stock including the SD computer. www.superchargerhelp.com has several guys who really know what they are doing on the forum.