Speed Density/Carb/SSP section This section is for the Speed Density or Carb vehicles, as well as Special Service Package 'Stangs

SD/MAF ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 07:20 PM
88GT_ritchie

Default SD/MAF ?

i have an early 88 with the speed density motor i plan on stroking it into a 347 and using h,c,i, roller rockers etc i would like it to be in the 375 horse range but i heard that i need to convert to mas air if i want all these things but yet i hear of guys on hear with 87 SD motors that are cammed and injectors and so on so if any one could give me some answers and some combo ideas to get it to that hp range that would be great,THANKS
Old 09-08-2009, 09:12 PM
86blkconv

my combo is in my sig and i love it. havent had a chance to run it with the 347 yet!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:11 AM
86blackgt
1st Gear Member

this is how i did my mass air conversion

ltblue/red is for pin 50 on the computer and tan/ltblue is for pin 9 on the computer. red goes to any key on power sourse. i used pin 37. black goes to a good ground. I used the computer ground. you will be good now. need to unhook the vacumm line from the map sensor. sensor that is located on the fire wall in the center. let me know if you have any more questions

i used a a9l computer out of a 90 mustang

plus look at my signature. i have been running this for about 120k. have had no proplems either
Old 09-18-2009, 12:52 PM
ibayter
2nd Gear Member

hey black I am doing it right now and I heard that you have to do the fuel pump and the speed sensor on the drivers side (orange wire) did you do it ? is it really necessary? where did you get the pins for the port #50 & #9 ? junker ? please let me know I am stock with mine trying to look for these pins.
Thanks,

IBM
Old 09-19-2009, 11:26 AM
88Mustang302

Originally Posted by ibayter
hey black I am doing it right now and I heard that you have to do the fuel pump and the speed sensor on the drivers side (orange wire) did you do it ? is it really necessary? where did you get the pins for the port #50 & #9 ? junker ? please let me know I am stock with mine trying to look for these pins.
Thanks,

IBM
Necessary? Not really, but if your gonna do it you might as well do it right.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:17 PM
86blackgt
1st Gear Member

I have access to mitchell on demand wiring diagrams. hays or clilton repair manuals have the diagrams for the air meter. Plus I had a 90 engine harness. It would not work in a 86. I know it will work in your car. All I did is put the wires in to the computer. I just traced the four wires in the harness from air meter to computer. Buddy of mine did fuel and speed sensor thing and it did not work right. He always had problems. He left it out and it worked fine. Do you have cruise controll? Y our conputer is in the passenger kick panel. need to pull 10mm bolt out and take of cover for the harness, with a pick pull out pin holder. You will need to get to pins from another harness or go to the junk yard and cut one out. Use solder and heat srenk. side pins in to 50 and 9 put pin holder in and put engine compueter harness into mass air computer and tightn 10 mm bolt.