Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Whats the dumbest excuse?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 09:59 AM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Whats the dumbest excuse?

The dumbest excuse ever, I'm ashamed to say, came out of my own mouth. Shortly after getting my car I raced my friend in his almost stock '02 Mustang GT. He pulled on me from a light and I said afterwards that I had left my car in overdrive instead of drive, not realizing that it doesn't make a difference. I must have just not had it to the floor for some reason. I'm an idiot.

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

i remember a few years back and i bought my first car from a relative and it was a 91 v6 cougar with the 3.8 in it. well that night i was out and i saw this camaro me and my friend thought it would be funny to try and mess with them. after a bit we finally got them to race on a empty straight way; my cougar tore this camaro a new one. my friend and i were completely blown away! so we pull up the guy and i said what happened he says i didn't know u had a K&N AIR FILTER. we just started laughing we couldn't help it

the end
I used to drive a 3.8L Cougar for a few years; that must have been the slowest Camaro ever created.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:03 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

like Tommy, one of the worst excuses ive ever heard was out of my own mouth also. first weekend i had my car(almost 3 yrs ago), the v8 guys went racing. a couple 'Stangs, a couple 'Maro's, a Chevy II, etc, etc. well, i raced my friend in her '97 GT auto. and lost. she keeps rubbing it in, but, back to the thread, "it was the first weekend i had the car, i wasnt used to it". which i wasnt, cuz, both of my previous cars had been fwd, one was a 4-cyl, and one was a 6-cyl. i was used to spinning the tires somewhat TO get out in front, and then, do that in a 5.0, and all hell breaks loose....literally but, she wont race me now. shes seen me race since i got used to the car...heheh...
Old 04-30-2006, 02:16 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

grn n gry that pretty much is what happen to me. i've never made up an excuse, but my first car was a FWD v6 and my second car was a FWD 4 cyclinder. But i've had nothing but SVT's since my 3 car on.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:21 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

i told my story to ikey last night...this guy said his flowmastered 98cobra ran 11's...smack talk was said

when we raced he pulled off the side of the road..saying he put the wrong gas in...the long version of this story is more funny,but i just woke up....still we raced for a bill,and i told him i'll bust his *** out if he don't pay up...easy money.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Wasn't really an excuse, but this retard in some little green import, looked like some sort of Geo, launched at a light besides me in my Cobra and I literally half throttled first and pulled out on him pretty bad and then went WOT in 2nd and proceeded to rape.

We pulled up to the next light and he goes "Is that supercharged?" I said "Yup." This tool looks at me and goes "Oh, that's why you beat me then..." and he's looking all puzzled.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:35 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

thinking back on it i think it was another 6cyc cause i don't remember hearing a v8 roar but i still thought i would have got killed
ORIGINAL: TommyV8

The dumbest excuse ever, I'm ashamed to say, came out of my own mouth. Shortly after getting my car I raced my friend in his almost stock '02 Mustang GT. He pulled on me from a light and I said afterwards that I had left my car in overdrive instead of drive, not realizing that it doesn't make a difference. I must have just not had it to the floor for some reason. I'm an idiot.

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

i remember a few years back and i bought my first car from a relative and it was a 91 v6 cougar with the 3.8 in it. well that night i was out and i saw this camaro me and my friend thought it would be funny to try and mess with them. after a bit we finally got them to race on a empty straight way; my cougar tore this camaro a new one. my friend and i were completely blown away! so we pull up the guy and i said what happened he says i didn't know u had a K&N AIR FILTER. we just started laughing we couldn't help it

the end
I used to drive a 3.8L Cougar for a few years; that must have been the slowest Camaro ever created.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:05 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

Wasn't really an excuse, but this retard in some little green import, looked like some sort of Geo, launched at a light besides me in my Cobra and I literally half throttled first and pulled out on him pretty bad and then went WOT in 2nd and proceeded to rape.

We pulled up to the next light and he goes "Is that supercharged?" I said "Yup." This tool looks at me and goes "Oh, that's why you beat me then..." and he's looking all puzzled.
heheh, I love it.

GTO guy that I raced was talking about hte blower too. I was thinking that it woulda been a drivers race before the blower anwyays ...
Old 04-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

raced an 03 cobra that had a pulley and exhaust (but also had 2 passengers to my none), and edged him out by 1/2 a car from 60 to 120. afterward his excuse was he didn't powershift. i said "neither did i". he said "oh" and just went on his way, completely neglecting the fact that he had the legit excuse of 350lbs of dead weight...i lol'd to myself about that one
Old 05-01-2006, 01:25 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

heheh, I love it.

GTO guy that I raced was talking about hte blower too. I was thinking that it woulda been a drivers race before the blower anwyays ...

I've gotten a few "well it needs a blower just to make 390hp stock"..... then I remind them that's what Ford 'rated' them at, which we all know is far underrated & they are capable of 700+hp, 390 is just what Ford chose to put out for HP from the factory. God damn morons.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:57 PM
SSteele
3rd Gear Member

^ I wanna say that I read somewhere a while ago where they pulled the blower off of the 4.6 and set that motor up to run NA and it made 376 bhp. I don't know if it's true or not, but I remember reading it.

Quick Reply: Whats the dumbest excuse?