Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Chances with 94Gt vs. 95 Z28?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 09:10 PM
blazer_4.3
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Chances with 94Gt vs. 95 Z28?

thanks for posting the outcome. time for more mods.

ORIGINAL: Jmag034

just raced the guy today, i lost by around 3 cars all the way up to around 110, ive got just cai, and exhaust, hes got intake and exhaust too, we raced from a 20 roll, i think with a few more thing i can take him
Old 09-29-2006, 12:58 AM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 98LS1

ORIGINAL: ToplessGT

well, I have to disagree, I shift my aode manually because if I let the computer do it, it redlines at WOT, I personally dont like that. I shift mine at around 5200 and can chirp 2nd, the computer will let it go and all I get is noise and sounds like ***. I do have 3.73's and a shift kit installed, so, Im okay. Maybe its just my stang, but, if I dont shift it when WOT, I will get smoked everytime on the track.... see this file http://media.putfile.com/Mustang-Run-1 You will hear it shift (this is when I left it in drive). Oh, and I kept it to the floor. Everytime after that I get better times on the track with manually shifting. This is just my experience.
Something is definately wrong with that situation. There's a reason why the tranny is an electronic unit vs a vacum unit. Your tranny is destined to shift at a pre determined point inside the ECU. No matter if you shift it or not the tranny will shift at that point. If you're hitting the limiter it is most likely because you're spinning. They shift from mph, not RPM. So if you're not at a certain MPH it will just bounce off the limiter. From my understanding a shift kit simply increases the line pressure....just like a tune would do.

yeah, either way, it slows me down and its worth ruining my crappy aode to better times. I do know that the track, my tires dont spin when shifting from 1st to 2nd. The only time they spin at the track is when Im burning the tires in the warm up spot. Other than that, the track is way too sticky for my stock 5.0 to turn the tires.

But, on the street, the only time I can chirp 2nd is when I manually shift it, because Im shifting when the car should be shifting... not when the computer says run it to the limiter, then shift, hence, I manually shift to get better times. Like I said, my stang might be messed up, but if the aode goes, a 5 or 6 speed is next. Im done with aode's....
Old 09-29-2006, 05:17 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ToplessGT

But, on the street, the only time I can chirp 2nd is when I manually shift it, because Im shifting when the car should be shifting... not when the computer says run it to the limiter, then shift, hence, I manually shift to get better times. Like I said, my stang might be messed up, but if the aode goes, a 5 or 6 speed is next. Im done with aode's....
C4 + decent stall(not too big given you're nearly stock) + reverse or regular manual valve body + a tire = faster than you can imagine ever going in a manual.

Oh yea, lighten that bastard up some too. It's already a vert. You're killing it with the wheel/tire combo. At least get some Welds/etc...to run at the track.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:30 PM
4Stangs
4th Gear Member

C4 + decent stall(not too big given you're nearly stock) + reverse or regular manual valve body + a tire = faster than you can imagine ever going in a manual.

Oh yea, lighten that bastard up some too. It's already a vert. You're killing it with the wheel/tire combo. At least get some Welds/etc...to run at the track.
Good advice if you are going to get serious about drag racing the car. If you just really like shifting, skip the weak T5 and get a Tremec TKO.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:39 PM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4Stangs

Good advice if you are going to get serious about drag racing the car. If you just really like shifting, skip the weak T5 and get a Tremec TKO.
yeah, thats what im looking at, a nice 6 speed. I can get my hands on a good ol' T5, but who wants another boring T5, right??
Old 09-29-2006, 05:43 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4Stangs

Eh, I'd still go with the auto and daily drive it. Lockup converter and a manual valve body would be plenty enough fun, at least for me. Plus, you'd have to shift it manually....so it's kinda the same. [8D]

But oh yes, skip the T5, unless you like rebuilding them every couple weeks like all my friends do. Most of them have finally opted for a TKO.