Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

stoplight fun

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 12:43 AM
Supercharger_Man_85
1st Gear Member

Default stoplight fun

Ok its like 8:20 and i just got off work me and tyler (tl86gt) hes in his truck are goin home tyler turns off and i stop at a stoplight and beside is a guy in a v8 mercury cougar im in my T/A i take off at the light and he falls back he comes up i drop the car in d (i was in od) and take off hes a car back and the road goes from 4 lanes to 2 lanes and we are going about 70 at this point i wave and get behind him. at the next light he powerbrakes but no smoke i powerbrake and smoke just rolls off my tires light turns green and we go i pass him on 2 lane road and i turn and see him flash me so i go around the corner and talk to him his car is a 5.0 with 347 dynoed rwh and duals and posi 3.73 gears and it ran good we talk about our cars for about 10 min the he takes off he says well meet again and race for real. we would have raced then but we both had to make our way to a girls house so... if i race him ill post the results.

Tell ur storys of stoplight races
Old 11-14-2006, 01:00 AM
Sean W.
4th Gear Member

Default RE: stoplight fun

sometimes when i am with my dad, and we are stopped at a light that we know will be a long light, and there is a car to the left or right of us, my dad puts it in revers and slowly start to back up, and the person in another car sees out of the corner of their eyes that a car is moving, and they think its them moving forward, they panic and slam the brakes, we saw this one lady scream once, its so funny.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:01 AM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

knight rider!
Old 11-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Sean W.
4th Gear Member

huh?
Old 11-14-2006, 01:06 AM
86_GT_Mustang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Supercharger_Man_85

Ok its like 8:20 and i just got off work me and tyler (tl86gt) hes in his truck are goin home tyler turns off and i stop at a stoplight and beside is a guy in a v8 mercury cougar im in my T/A i take off at the light and he falls back he comes up i drop the car in d (i was in od) and take off hes a car back and the road goes from 4 lanes to 2 lanes and we are going about 70 at this point i wave and get behind him. at the next light he powerbrakes but no smoke i powerbrake and smoke just rolls off my tires light turns green and we go i pass him on 2 lane road and i turn and see him flash me so i go around the corner and talk to him his car is a 5.0 with 347 dynoed rwh and duals and posi 3.73 gears and it ran good we talk about our cars for about 10 min the he takes off he says well meet again and race for real. we would have raced then but we both had to make our way to a girls house so... if i race him ill post the results.

you got your car back to normal?
Old 11-14-2006, 01:09 AM
MattCA
2nd Gear Member

wait how do u slam on the breaks when your already stopped?
Old 11-14-2006, 01:37 AM
shifterdelux
2nd Gear Member

Well, I have 01 GT, not the fastest car, but reality is that 98% of the time you are the fastest car. Ive lost to 350, and other exotics that were willing to race, american vs american is pretty rare, and I havent lost thus far, or raced.

I once was crusing, driver license out so not much fun, I do a 180 off a light, and in four blocks come to a red light. Behind me are firebird and vette. Not sure about specifics of firebird, could have been a V6 for all I know. So Im on first, and there comes the bird on my left, right next to me. Then a vette trying to park itself behind me, then changing his mind and goes to the other lane behind firebird. Intential of course, making fun of me. Well, I laughted, as it was funny, the vette thinking Im gonna loose. So light comes green, and I dont do anything at all. Bird waits like 4 seconds, then goes, not racing. Then I go, no confrtontations, because I know chances are I will loose. Im thinking I go past him in first, well my TC was off, so I end up spinning in 1st. It wasnt pretty.

Now with Ferrari (350 marinelo) it was easy, he seemed to put his auto clutch into position then fore it, and he was gone. But traffic held him back, and I was right behind him. He done some crazy **** and I match it, but he won the race flat out, lol.

I dont seem to be getting much fun at a light, as I said, 98% of a time I win, people just drive crap or they cant drive at all.

The only fun I could think of is coming slow to a light in 2nd, and timing it right, then stepping on it. You could be at 60 mph in no time, with no tire spin or drama.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:50 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

lol
me, my best friend and my dad are at a stop light, and next to us is some old beemer like m3 i think, and its got like 3 teenagers in it (were in an 01 sts cadillac) and my dad isnt in the best of moods so when he takes off, he guns it a little, and the kids in the beemer take off (at this point theres probably a total of 400 lbs of poeple in their car and 520 in ours, but that pissed my dad off, and he just guns it (i mean like foot to the floor) and we just pass them, and the kid in the back has this awesome look on his face, looking out the front window as we fly by, it was funny.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Supercharger_Man_85
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 92Mustanglx

ORIGINAL: Supercharger_Man_85

you got your car back to normal?

Yeh ive had it for a couple weeks now but still paying on the repair bill. But im glad to have my baby back instead of her settin at a body shop.