Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Close Call

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 06:59 PM
seraphim

Default Close Call

I live in Virginia and traffic here is nightmarish. However, around 9:00pm, Route 66 (the main east-west interstate) clears enough in some spots for a good run. Anyway, its about 9:30pm and I merge on to I66 to have a little fun. I merge into the fast lane at about 90 and run up behind a Camero running the speed limit with open road in front of him. I follow him a little ways just knowing that once he realizes I'm on his a*s, he's either going to make a run or just get out of the way. Well after about a quarter mile, he's still going the limit and I'm getting antcy. I decide to blow by him on his right, to see if he'll give chase, but - there was a pickup truck on my right side that blocked my move around the Camero. Just as I get ready to start cussin', the Camero moves out a little, giving me a gap between him and the truck. So I check my mirror to make the move and what do I see but an '06 Red GT Convertable coming up fast in the lane to right of the pickup. I figure he saw me and wanted to play. He goes passed the pickup, moves in front of it, and then moves in front of the Camero. He must of been running about 90 and accelerating. I get a rush of adrenaline that goes straight to my throttle foot. Just as I make my move to go around the Camero (pedal to the metal), I see flashing blue lights - On the Camero!! Its a Virgina State Trooper! Geeeeee. He runs down the Red Convert and pulls him over. I go by them both (at the speed limit) shaking my head, knowing that my fellow GT lover is getting my ticket. If you're reading Red Covert - Sorry about that!!!

Old 12-14-2006, 07:05 PM
3.8blackout
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Close Call

lol your lucky as **** that the convert came
Old 12-14-2006, 07:09 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Yeah dude, be careful on 66! There are tons of Camaro cop cars, apparently there's an STi undercover cop, a couple of riced out Civics, even a big dually pickup with lumber in the back that's pulling people over

Where in VA are you? We must be pretty close to each other.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:43 PM
seraphim

ORIGINAL: WRXtranceformed

Yeah dude, be careful on 66! There are tons of Camaro cop cars, apparently there's an STi undercover cop, a couple of riced out Civics, even a big dually pickup with lumber in the back that's pulling people over

I'm in Bristow, VA (Gainesville) which is west of Manassas. You're right about 66 - Them boyz is everywhere!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/53210/8C1E7338776E4FBD8D1A5FE85F1FA9BE.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-14-2006, 08:00 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ugh. i HATE 66. i have to deal with it every day to and from work [&:]
Old 12-14-2006, 08:05 PM
seraphim

Default Hey Virginians

Hey Virginians! Do we have a Mustang club in our area?
Old 12-14-2006, 08:12 PM
MustangMagic
I ♥ Acer

Yeah, all the fast cars cops confiscated for getting caught in street competition. Now they are cop cars! NY does the same thing. Can you imagine an 06 Z06 in dressed up in Highway Patrol colors?
Old 12-14-2006, 08:47 PM
stanger88
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: MustangMagic

Yeah, all the fast cars cops confiscated for getting caught in street competition. Now they are cop cars! NY does the same thing. Can you imagine an 06 Z06 in dressed up in Highway Patrol colors?

Most Z owners have enough money to keep that from happening.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:30 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Nice, I live out near Leesburg. We should all meet up, nanaki and I hang out occasionally and throw down ^_^
Old 12-14-2006, 10:25 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Hey Virginians

ORIGINAL: seraphim

Hey Virginians! Do we have a Mustang club in our area?
yes we do actually. www.northernvirginiamustangclub.com . you should join up. we have all types of track and drag events where we rent out the track for ourselves and nobody else can run. cookouts. cruises. all sorts of stuff. oh, and discounts at local speedshops.

Quick Reply: Close Call