Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

road courses?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 04:42 AM
tb03gt
1st Gear Member

Default road courses?

does anyone know where any road courses are around houston or the new orleans baton rouge area? and like how much they would cost and things like that

goin fast in a straight line is fun, dont get me wrong, but i would much rather go fast around a course

kevin
Old 11-30-2004, 05:22 PM
DukesLT1

Default RE: road courses?

i have no idea where there would be one around there, but to try to give you an idea on cost, i know a friend of mine that took his sti out to one here in ohio and it was some special run day. 100 dollars per car for the whole day. i actually dont think that the price is that low usually though. anyone else know?
Old 12-01-2004, 12:28 AM
96SilverLT1
3rd Gear Member

No problem raceway park near Baton rouge. I'm going there tomarrow (noy for the riad course but for the 1/4 mile) They have a road course there tho. Dunno anything about it but if you go sometime when they allow any cas to run like trials or testing what ever lemme know cause I would really enjoy road racing.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:31 AM
UT04GT
3rd Gear Member

road course in a mustang? I wish you luck my friend.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:33 AM
96SilverLT1
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I would probably fair a bit better.. but it would be fun as all hell. I have always wanted to do it. Never done it in a real car, just karts.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:30 AM
Frank_Bullitt
1st Gear Member

Um I am not to sure about in your area but I go to a course in MI all the time in the summer, about 1 time a week. It's 60 bucks for 3 hours and I think something like 150 for the day. Also some of them let you rent the course's when you plan on a date. It's a 100% blast, a must try for everyone who loves cars and to go fast around corners. I good idea though before you head out for the first time is to get someone to take you out and show you the ropes. Eather that or take a class to start off just so you understand the rules and how everything works. (Don't want to hurt your car first time out)
Old 12-01-2004, 11:28 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: UT04GT

Like he said... Good Luck. LOL Hope you have the suspension tweaked or you will be seeing a guard rail, ditch or something that you car isnt going to be to compitable with. LOL
Old 12-02-2004, 02:37 AM
OICW
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: UT04GT

Like they say, it's 90% driver, 10% car. I've seen stock Mach1s and even a few GTs destroy the so called "track ready cars" like the rally twins, S2000s, RX8s and 350Zs.

But yeah, track racing costs much more than drag or autocross events. If done right though, they're usually very rewarding. Also be aware of severe brake wear on tracks with tight turns following long straights. Not uncommon to go through a set of pads in a few weekends.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

...Does that mean mustangs don't do well on roadcourses?
Old 12-02-2004, 05:14 PM
UT04GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

...Does that mean mustangs don't do well on roadcourses?

if we are talking stock, the mustang has some factors against it. I've taken mine through the mountains a few times and it's all I can do to keep traction. I'm sure with an upgraded suspension and possibly IRS it would be a lot smoother.

Quick Reply: road courses?