Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Z06 domination!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Adams_02GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Z06 domination!!

ORIGINAL: TommyV8

Bragging about beating a 4-wheeled automobile with a motorcycle?[&:]
I'm going to go fistfight a baby and post a kill story.
bwahahahaahaha
Old 06-13-2007, 02:49 PM
holycrapitshassell
1st Gear Member

lol the pc3 is worth every penny to be honest with you. regardless of what bike you are riding in a year, you should definetely get that.

also, definetely go to the strip and race against other 600s, its a lot of fun and much more challenging, as they are all just a couple tenths difference. *and the guys racing bikes arent nearly as annoying as the guys racing cars :-p*

as far as insurance goes, all i can say is buy your bike cash and get liability. i was quoted 6 grand a year full coverage, if i would have financed.

edit:
Old 06-13-2007, 03:07 PM
holycrapitshassell
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CobraSnake

ORIGINAL: straitwangin

It takes a lot of money just to hang with a 600. There is no better feeling that the front end comming up under hard acceleration.
not if you have a car that can hook. You race them from a stop up to 60mph. I can win that race right now.
that would be awesome to see! bikes are very difficult to launch on normal tires, since the contact patch is literally the size of a postage stamp, but600s can get 75(ish) mph before having to shift to 2nd gear. but absolutely, they have lots of cars at the stripmaking just 400 ish hp that will rip a bike up through the first 60 feet.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:58 PM
ThisIsMyStang
2nd Gear Member

Man I was getting excited when you said you pulled the front tire when you shifted to 2nd! Then I was likeHe's bragging about beating a car with a bike. Did you go straight home and read tortoius and the hare when it was all over?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:47 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

There's a couple guys with 600's around here that I want to run. The only chance I have is to outlaunch them. Most of your higher hp cars only have a chance from a roll, where they typically do very well.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:00 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

[blockquote]
[blockquote]There's a couple guys with 600's around here that I want to run. The only chance I have is to outlaunch them. Most of your higher hp cars only have a chance from a roll, where they typically do very well.
[/blockquote]
Its just soo hard to launch properly on the street, with out the front end comming up to high or not giving it enough gas and loosing time. Thats why most bikers would perfer to roll race to excessive speeds. Above which most cars are limited too.[/blockquote]
Old 06-14-2007, 04:18 AM
holycrapitshassell
1st Gear Member

[blockquote]Its just soo hard to launch properly on the street, with out the front end comming up to high or not giving it enough gas and loosing time. [/blockquote]
thats not what makes it so hard, if you practice throttle and clutch feel, it wont be a problem. just need to find that balance between adding throttle and engaging the clutch. the hard part is sportbike tires (and sportbikes themselves) are not meant for dragracing, they are for roadracing plain and simple, and can only take so much force on that tiny contact patch.

also, there are 2 suspension mods for sportbikes to make them more drag-ish.

first is a longer rear suspension linkage (usually $100ish), which lowers the rear end, and increases the preload (you may want to increase it further)

next is something called a front end strap (i forget how much mine was, but if i had to guess id say around $30), which bolts to a front brake caliper, up and over the triple clamp, and back down to the other caliper. you pull on it like a trailer strap to minimize front suspension travel. from there, you can max out preload, comp damping and reb damping, you'll want the front end rock solid, and leave just a little tunability for the rear. those are both quick, easy (15 minutes from stock to race ready, 15 minutes back to stock) and temporary ways to, in short, keep your front wheel on the ground.

Thats why most bikers would perfer to roll race to excessive speeds. Above which most cars are limited too.
also, that isn't racing at all... the 'above speeds cars are capable of ' part

id much rather race from a dig on my bike. it may be its weak point, but there is not really much (er.. any) skill involved in whacking the throttle open when you're already moving.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:39 AM
white07
4th Gear Member

race a procharged C6 ZO6 then post the outcome. (i have seen one with 9psi running a kb cobra and it got nasty real quick. the vid was on svtperformance but it was 2 local guys)
Old 06-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

Why are you even entertaining running an R6 against a car???? I mean WTF the bike runs 11's out of the box....

Oh wait I see in your sig that you are putting an extended swing arm on your bike - probably for the bling factor - which basically means that you are nothing more than aSQUID that has no clue about motorcycles.

Sure go ahead and stretch your bike - meanwhile ruin every purpose for which it was built.

So are you going to polish it in chrome and maybe do a camo paint job? Got a rear sprocket as bigger than a dinner plate? Gotta make it wheelie real ez yo?

Let me guess - you probably were riding with nothing more than a helmet on. Shorts and sneakers? maybe jeans and a t-shrit? Where's you riding jacket, pants and boots?

Freaking squids.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:31 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Chevy Convert

Why are you even entertaining running an R6 against a car???? I mean WTF the bike runs 11's out of the box....

Oh wait I see in your sig that you are putting an extended swing arm on your bike - probably for the bling factor - which basically means that you are nothing more than aSQUID that has no clue about motorcycles.

Sure go ahead and stretch your bike - meanwhile ruin every purpose for which it was built.

So are you going to polish it in chrome and maybe do a camo paint job? Got a rear sprocket as bigger than a dinner plate? Gotta make it wheelie real ez yo?

Let me guess - you probably were riding with nothing more than a helmet on. Shorts and sneakers? maybe jeans and a t-shrit? Where's you riding jacket, pants and boots?

Freaking squids.

Somebodies going on a terror!!!!

Quick Reply: Z06 domination!!