Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Z06 domination!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:22 AM
holycrapitshassell
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Z06 domination!!

ORIGINAL: Chevy Convert

Oh wait I see in your sig that you are putting an extended swing arm on your bike - probably for the bling factor - which basically means that you are nothing more than aSQUID that has no clue about motorcycles.
yeah, i definetely feel negatively about dumping an extended swingarm on any sportbike, especially a 600.theyhave such a short wheelbase for a reason, they are meant for roadracing.the same reasonwhythey have adjustable preload, compression, and rebound damping on front and rear suspension. its the most razor sharp handling motorcycle this side of a 250cc gp bike, and i couldnt understand spending, what, $1000, $1500 to throw the steering geometry in the trash. id definetely go with the temporary stuff so you arent stuck with a bike thatrides like a turd andwill get lost by every other bike on a road course.

get a set of leathers, and take it to a track day. use the bike for what it was made, and i promise you'll curse yourself out for thinking about screwing up the suspension
Old 06-14-2007, 11:33 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Maybe he is not into road racing his bike? Around where he and I live it's more about drag racing than anything else. We have 4 tracks, all 1/4 mile within about 2 hours of us, one is about 15 min and is one of, if not THE, best track in the nation. You might have seena little event that was held therelast weekend on TV. A little thing thing called the NHRA Poweraid Nationals. Let the guy do what he wants with his bike.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:34 AM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

ORIGINAL: holycrapitshassell

Oh wait I see in your sig that you are putting an extended swing arm on your bike - probably for the bling factor - which basically means that you are nothing more than aSQUID that has no clue about motorcycles.
yeah, i definetely feel negatively about dumping an extended swingarm on any sportbike, especially a 600.theyhave such a short wheelbase for a reason, they are meant for roadracing.the same reasonwhythey have adjustable preload, compression, and rebound damping on front and rear suspension. its the most razor sharp handling motorcycle this side of a 250cc gp bike, and i couldnt understand spending, what, $1000, $1500 to throw the steering geometry in the trash. id definetely go with the temporary stuff so you arent stuck with a bike thatrides like a turd andwill get lost by every other bike on a road course.

get a set of leathers, and take it to a track day. use the bike for what it was made, and i promise you'll curse yourself out for thinking about screwing up the suspension

i take it you run at no problem?
Old 06-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Bogey750
1st Gear Member

I agree. The only bike I would consider stretching would be a Busa or ZX14. They are made to go fast in a straight line. The 600's are for ripping up corners. As for beating cars on a bike that is nothing to brag aboutI personally never challenge cars on the street. Its always the other way around. Ecspecialy the ricers. Then I kindly ablige the beatdown. If you can swing it go for the R1.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:10 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Not fair race[&:]
Old 06-14-2007, 09:27 PM
holycrapitshassell
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tripsevn7

ORIGINAL: holycrapitshassell

i take it you run at no problem?
yup, sure do. its always been a lot of fun out there
Old 06-15-2007, 01:26 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

Wow a lot of hostility from some members. All i can say is that i bought my 600 becasue of the price, i couldnt afford an R1 at the time, and its my 1st bike.

For starters i would love to see what roads you guys are traveling on, becasue out by me in Naperville(burb of chicago) there is NO PLACE TO REALLY PUSH A BIKE TO ITS LIMITS, besides a strait line.I dont live in Europe or near anymountains, so going corner carving is outa the question. And for all who says its dumb to get an extened swing arm on a 600 dont know what your missing. Yeah she dosnt have the power of a 1000 but if its all you can afford that you make due. For a broke college student getting a 10,000 R1 and then paying 3500 a year on insurance is outa the questions. I paied cash for mine and yes i only run libality with is 300 a year, a huge difference EH?

[blockquote]
[blockquote]quote:

[/blockquote]

Show me adecentroadcoarse with in 2 hours of my house and ill think abouttaking it there. As far is for my gear goes i ride with a helmet, and jacket.[/blockquote]

Old 06-15-2007, 01:33 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

Why are you even entertaining running an R6 against a car???? I mean WTF the bike runs 11's out of the box....

Sure go ahead and stretch your bike - meanwhile ruin every purpose for which it was built.

So are you going to polish it in chrome and maybe do a camo paint job? Got a rear sprocket as bigger than a dinner plate? Gotta make it wheelie real ez yo?

Let me guess - you probably were riding with nothing more than a helmet on. Shorts and sneakers? maybe jeans and a t-shrit? Where's you riding jacket, pants and boots?

Freaking squids.
Wow im supprised you know what squid means.Im guessing youDONT ride yourself. When was the last time you saw someone ridingwith full leathers on?The answer is proballyonce in a million.

As for comment, you have never seen anyone drag bike? Becasue extened swingarms sell by the dozen along with nitrous kits to get an 11 second bike into the low 10's. And like i said before show me some roads where i can push the bike to its limits around corners and ill consider not streaching it. But the area where im at is mainly wide open straight roads perfect for dragging.

Also as for dragging 600's most people dont expect me to hang with a 1000 if i get these mods, look out R1's, gixxer1k, and 1kCBR's becsaue a 600 will out run them with the proper suspension and supporting power adders.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:36 AM
holycrapitshassell
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: straitwangin

I paied cash for mine and yes i only run libality with is 300 a year, a huge difference EH?

pshhhh, lol yeah! mine is about 400 a year. liability only as well.

but hey do what you do man. like ive said, i love drag racing my bike, but i also love running the road course, thats why im all about the temporary suspension mods. but if like you said, you just dont have an interest/place to run a road course, and you want to primarily dragrace, by all means, make it permanent. extend your swingarm, blocks in the forks and whatnot. to me a squid is kid who put puts around town w/ no helmet so everyone can see him on his super cool sportbike. so i think as long as you have any sort of goal, that's cool.

the 2nd cb750 in my sig is a drag bike in progress,you should see the aftermarket for these things...not so much like the hayabusa, butlets just say its not difficult to find a 30 y/o honda in the 9s (haha i can hope) good luck setting your bike up how you want and everything though.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

Even if i lived in Nebraska I would not stretch a sportbike but. it's your bike soby all means do what you want to do.

Yes, I do ride and do own a bike. My current ride is a 919. Most recent prior bikes include an FZ1 and CB1000F. Clips just ain't comfortable anymore...

No, I don't ride in full leathers all the time - Iride in a full textile gear. Where Iride in the N. GA mountains its not uncommon to see people in full suits. Better to be dressed for the inevitable.

Ride safe and remember that your bikes limits are higher than your own.

Quick Reply: Z06 domination!!